Gun handling/safety class

Dev

Anti-theist
Any gun handling/safety classes going on around somd? Given the way the gov is looking to piss on the 2nd amendment lately, i see a gun purchase in the near future.

dustin

UAIOE
Any gun handling/safety classes going on around somd? Given the way the gov is looking to piss on the 2nd amendment lately, i see a gun purchase in the near future.

Not sure if you are female, but Sharon posted this a while back:
http://forums.somd.com/hobbies-personal-interests/236489-ladies-night-shoot-december-14-a.html
Might be worth emailing the contact info regardless.

The handgun prices have dropped some compared to a couple years ago. I recommend Nick Cromwell if you live around NAS PAX. He can order for you at better prices than you will find in most local stores, you just have to work with his schedule. Home

Also, unless you are military this online class is required to purchase a handgun in maryland.
MD Firearms Safety Training

Last edited:

bulldog

Is your potential purchase because you think you better do it now while you still can, i.e., the government is going to take away that ability?

or

Is it because as the government infringes on your 2A you will need your newly purchased gun for safety and/or protection from the tyranny you feel we will face?

In either case, there are safety classes that take place from time to time, mostly leading up to the hunting season. I'm not aware of any that are taking place in the near future.
As an alternative, there are NRA classes that you can take through other means. Concealed carry, personal home defense, etc. If interested, I can link you to a source.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
If you are willing to do a 2 hour drive to Virginia, there is a company out there (G4S)that does these types of classes and has a phenominal instructor for all levels. The phone number is 804.785.6000 ask for Brandon Wright. I have done a couple of training courses out there with Brandon and shoot with them quite a bit. Great people and great instructors. Many happy students!