Gurrrrlllls gotsta twerk....

GregV814

This restaurateur is trying to run a nice place in Dallas. He has to deal with the CoVid restrictions and paying staff, etc... It looks like a nice place and I give the guy a lot of credit.
But several females, (certainly NOT WOMEN) decided to "bust owt" and "twerk their asses" on his table tops, moovvvin wid da grooove. How nice. Notice most of the patrons are social distancing WOMEN!!
The owner will have none of that and I dont blame him. Yes, he uses language that wasnt PC, but HELL, he knows his clientele. Would a wimpy nerd white guy get the point across?? I dont think so.
So, now HE is under attack!!!! Unbelievable.
Dallas owner tells patrons 'get the f-k out my restaurant' for twerking in viral video - TheGrio : TheGrio

glhs837

Power with Control
I really dont get the "well, if he hadnt let his DJ play twerking music, they wouldnta been twerking". Really, are you really saying that these ladies are programmed so much that if that music comes on, they have to twerk? If I hear Rush in an elevator, I dont start playing air drums..... Again, no expectation of self control. Thats evidently white rules, expecting people to discern from their surroundings what appropriate behavior is. Hell, evidently, from the comments, even expecting there to be something called appropriate behavior is white rules.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

DaSDGuy

Imagine the mayhem that would ensue if this mentality was carried over to sports bars showing WWF wresting?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Apparently some people are so primitive they can't be expected to act civilized.
What ever you do, don't point that fact out. Otherwise you will be labeled a bigot for making an observation.

In the US, with issues of race, it's a shoot the messenger first mentality. They rip up the message and ignore it.

Monello

PREMO Member
In true SJW fashion, people are leaving shitty reviews for the restaurant on social media. If bad attention is better than no attention, then this restaurant owner struck the mother lode.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
He's not wrong...

"In the statement, Kelley claimed that the twerking customers had been asked to stop multiple times and risked injury by dancing on furniture, which prompted the serious speech. As for the soundtrack to the saga, Kelley said the restaurant planned to adjust its music selections in the future – with a disclaimer.

“Regardless of what had or will be played, no guest had the right to come into our business ‘home’ and stand on our furniture because of any song played,” he argued. “As for the twerking being a part of our culture, we do not welcome the part of the culture that will come into a restaurant, stand on furniture and twerk while using ‘culture’ as an excuse. Would you accept this for your home?”

gemma_rae

He's not wrong...

"In the statement, Kelley claimed that the twerking customers had been asked to stop multiple times and risked injury by dancing on furniture, which prompted the serious speech. As for the soundtrack to the saga, Kelley said the restaurant planned to adjust its music selections in the future – with a disclaimer.

“Regardless of what had or will be played, no guest had the right to come into our business ‘home’ and stand on our furniture because of any song played,” he argued. “As for the twerking being a part of our culture, we do not welcome the part of the culture that will come into a restaurant, stand on furniture and twerk while using ‘culture’ as an excuse. Would you accept this for your home?”
Where did you get this Rose?

I want to know because it begins by saying it was his statement and a claim, then later says it was his argument. It's got to be one or the other. Whoever the author, they are subtly but obviously changing it to alter it's meaning, to fit their agenda of course.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I want to know because it begins by saying it was his statement and a claim, then later says it was his argument. It's got to be one or the other. Whoever the author, they are subtly but obviously changing it to alter it's meaning, to fit their agenda of course.
From the link I posted above...

Monello

PREMO Member

Homer J

Power Chord
I really dont get the "well, if he hadnt let his DJ play twerking music, they wouldnta been twerking". Really, are you really saying that these ladies are programmed so much that if that music comes on, they have to twerk? If I hear Rush in an elevator, I dont start playing air drums..... Again, no expectation of self control. Thats evidently white rules, expecting people to discern from their surroundings what appropriate behavior is. Hell, evidently, from the comments, even expecting there to be something called appropriate behavior is white rules.

A true Rush fan would.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Some friends recently joked about a sign we have in the dogwash that states the wash tubs are for dogs only; no humans allowed. I told them it was necessary to makes signs to that effect because adults and teens have tried to get in the tub with the dogs and many people think it is acceptable for their crotch goblins to climb in the tub while they are washing the dogs as well. Some people have gotten upset with me for telling their kids to get out of the tubs!
As a business owner, it is not "cute" and guess who will be suing my business if one of the fu@k trophies fell out and split their head open?!
As far as the bar owner, the acts of (classless) people doing (trashy) dancing on the tables with a combination of alchohol, glass and disrespect/ disregard for his telling them to stop is a huge liabilty. It could have been really ugly.
SIGH. Sometimes people just suck.