Gutsy woman

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

The former secretary of state also said the gutsiest political thing she's done is run for president.

Pretty sure staying in her marriage was a political thing. I can't think how staying in a failed marriage with a man who has a longtime girlfriend (to go with his other girlfriends) and has been credibly accused of rape AND ran around with a pedopile should be considered "gutsy".

stgislander

PREMO Member

The former secretary of state also said the gutsiest political thing she's done is run for president.

Pretty sure staying in her marriage was a political thing. I can't think how staying in a failed marriage with a man who has a longtime girlfriend (to go with his other girlfriends) and has been credibly accused of rape AND ran around with a pedopile should be considered "gutsy".
So that's what her and Chelsea were doing on Colbert last night.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I heard there are still people at the Javits Center waiting for her to give her concession speech. Talk about gutless.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
"Gutsiest" is a superlative. The question was "gutsiest thing" not "things" so she can only have one pick. But I quibble....

Regardless, I can see "gutsy" wrt her marriage if it was a close call as she weighed the risk (Bill's a serial philanderer, if not rapist) against the reward (Bill has an excellent take on voters and voting issues).

There was nothing gutsy in her run for the Presidency. She was so sure of winning that she - from many accounts - mailed it in. What would be gutsy (re: 2016) would be HRC finally admitting she outright lost and stated her acceptance of the result.

The Politico article is a travesty in providing HRC cover for her email issue (claiming retroactive classification) and pinning the rose on the WaPo. Political advocacy, not journalism.

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Speaking of HRC, the election, and doing the right thing:

--- End of line (MCP)

SamSpade

There was nothing gutsy in her run for the Presidency. She was so sure of winning that she - from many accounts - mailed it in.

While I agree that she "mailed it in" - I saw nothing grueling or challenging in her campaign schedule - I do think it always takes a lot of guts to run for President, and just as much to hold the office. While in my time online I have a few people who don't like me much, the truth is a lot more don't care and a few like me, surprisingly.

But when you run for President, EVERY skeleton, every mistake real or imagined is exposed and exaggerated to the world - forever. People who don't know you will make a career out of making you miserable - and do pretty well by it. You don't need a thick skin - you need to be made of stone. The press may have been favorable to Hillary - as was Hollywood - but she STILL had and has people who despise her, including yours truly.

This is why we have certain kinds of people who would be good Presidents never undertake the effort - because the road is fraught with peril and history is cruel.