Guy Blew $4,000 Lowering His Car Is Demanding

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yes, 23-year-old Fitzgibbon spent about $3,800 to lower his Volkswagen Passat so the car now only has four inches of ground clearance, and the result of doing so is that he can no longer take his usual route to work through the village of Galbally in Limerick, Ireland, because the village has installed six-inch high speed bumps on various roads in the town.

Fitzgibbon also claims to have incurred around $2,500 worth of damage to his Passat by driving over the traffic calming humps, and he wants the village to pay for it.

Fitzgibbon described his interaction with the village’s road engineer like this:

“I complained about the first one for about six weeks and they basically responded to me with two fingers up and four more ramps in February. I went to the council office where the road engineer is based - but I got nothing back but physical and verbal abuse and intimidation.
The road engineer was so mad with me. He kept pushing me about, telling me I had no effing right to be here and who the eff was I to come in and complain.
I’ll never forget, he called me ‘frivolous’ and ‘vexatious’.”

https://jalopnik.com/guy-who-blew-4-000-lowering-his-car-is-demanding-his-t-1834825086

:killingme

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

He's driving too slow over them. At a certain fixed speed, just as the front tires clear and the body of the car is raised, by the time the car starts coming down, the rear wheels will have started to engage the bump. Problem solved. Or maybe, he should have taken some advise from some Mexicans in Californ-i-a and added some hydraulic lift systems instead.

Chris0nllyn

It's not even that low.

I used to be into lowered/bagged trucks and hitting road kill was always interesting.