Guy Thing

SailorGirl

Is it a gene gone haywire or something that prevents males from cleaning the sink after they shave, picking their towels off the floor, putting clothes in the hamper, putting up the toilet set when the urinate, aiming it at the bowl and not wherever, and putting it down when they're done so my delicate tushy is not sitting in God knows what, and using one towel not 12 when exiting the shower? While I'm on a tear - is it really necessary to leave your big meaty handprints all over my freshly cleaned mirror in pursuit of a mere fruit fly?

Inquiring moms want to know.

Rant over.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Is it a gene gone haywire or something that prevents males from cleaning the sink after they shave, picking their towels off the floor, putting clothes in the hamper, putting up the toilet set when the urinate, aiming it at the bowl and not wherever, and putting it down when they're done so my delicate tushy is not sitting in God knows what, and using one towel not 12 when exiting the shower? While I'm on a tear - is it really necessary to leave your big meaty handprints all over my freshly cleaned mirror in pursuit of a mere fruit fly?

Rant over.
Uncle Sam taught me how not to do all that.

SailorGirl

Uncle Sam taught me how not to do all that.
Must have been a Coast Guard thing.

I was the Captain's Yeoman when I was stationed in Philadelphia. Captain Frederic Wood, was a brash good looking pilot on his last tour before retirement. Part of my duties were cleaning his head. I swear to God there was urine everywhere but the toilet. We had roaches in that building and he must have been aiming at them - I floated a target in there once just to be amusing and I think he went in the sink that day although when I put plastic submarines in there - he hit them all. He was P-3. Backfired on me - to this day I can hear him say - jokes on you Petty Officer - can't flush the subs down the toilet. Like he ever flushed anyway.

Monello

Yeah, whatever
PREMO Member
stationed in Philadelphia.
How much hazardous duty pay did you get each month? I was FFT at the shipyard in Philly for 17 days. It was cool to see the mothball fleet. They had Friday night smoker boxing matches. If you drove fast enough, you could be in Atlantic City in an hour. But otherwise not the greatest place to get stationed in my opinion.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Must have been a Coast Guard thing.

I was the Captain's Yeoman when I was stationed in Philadelphia. Captain Frederic Wood, was a brash good looking pilot on his last tour before retirement. Part of my duties were cleaning his head. I swear to God there was urine everywhere but the toilet. We had roaches in that building and he must have been aiming at them - I floated a target in there once just to be amusing and I think he went in the sink that day although when I put plastic submarines in there - he hit them all. He was P-3. Backfired on me - to this day I can hear him say - jokes on you Petty Officer - can't flush the subs down the toilet. Like he ever flushed anyway.
It was an enlisted thing. The chief's in boot camp and crewmembers on the ships didn't put up with that sheet.

SailorGirl

How much hazardous duty pay did you get each month? I was FFT at the shipyard in Philly for 17 days. It was cool to see the mothball fleet. They had Friday night smoker boxing matches. If you drove fast enough, you could be in Atlantic City in an hour. But otherwise not the greatest place to get stationed in my opinion.
I LOVED Philly - the fights at the Chiefs club between the Kitty Hawk and the Constellation, leaving drill on Sunday after football games and watching the fans urinate in public, fistfights over parking spaces, and Pat's on Passyuck.

limblips

PREMO Member

Rant over.
Bad mothering!:dance:

NextJen

Raisin cane
PREMO Member
Thankfully my son has his own bathroom that he uses. I think I'll hire a hazmat crew to come in when I'm ready to move.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Thankfully my son has his own bathroom that he uses. I think I'll hire a hazmat crew to come in when I'm ready to move.
My two teen boys have their own but I think knowing that Mom will be coming in there once a week to clean helps keep things from getting to the toxic level. When I used to leave it up to them was when things started getting scary. Same with their rooms. I don't pick up their room or dust but I do vacuum. Helps keep things off the floor otherwise they will get sucked up by the vacuum.

luvmygdaughters

I guess I was lucky, I never had brothers, just 2 sisters. No sons, just daughters, granddaughters and great granddaughter. My father always cleaned up after himself, he raised and lowered the toilet seat, put his clothes in the hamper and used the same towel when he bathed. I think his daughters were more of PITA than he ever was. We only had 1 bathroom and four females!! My poor Dad would usually wind up taking a cold shower. We hung our unmentionables all over the bathroom to dry and on top of all that, we would use his razor on our legs....thats the only time I remember him getting pissed off. Of course I had a husband for about 8 years, he wasnt too bad, did raise and lower the seat, he was a mommas boy though and thought he could do no wrong. Current hubby is pretty good, he does his own laundry, including towels, will clean the kitchen occasionally, ( i go behind him and clean it my way) will scrub the bathroom floor and clean up after Captn Morgan when she loses her dinner all over the kitchen floor.

Kyle

Having a Beer while the world burns!
PREMO Member
... something that prevents males from cleaning the sink after they shave, picking their towels off the floor, putting clothes in the hamper, putting up the toilet set when the urinate, aiming it at the bowl and not wherever, and putting it down when they're done
The whiskers keep toothpaste from sticking, a used towel becomes the next showers bathmat, as long as they're "near" the hamper it counts, we can only deal with a single configuration, Up or Down, pick one and be happy, and as far as aim... Isn't that what those bathroom rugs are for?

SailorGirl

I guess I was lucky, I never had brothers, just 2 sisters. No sons, just daughters, granddaughters and great granddaughter. My father always cleaned up after himself, he raised and lowered the toilet seat, put his clothes in the hamper and used the same towel when he bathed. I think his daughters were more of PITA than he ever was. We only had 1 bathroom and four females!! My poor Dad would usually wind up taking a cold shower. We hung our unmentionables all over the bathroom to dry and on top of all that, we would use his razor on our legs....thats the only time I remember him getting pissed off. Of course I had a husband for about 8 years, he wasnt too bad, did raise and lower the seat, he was a mommas boy though and thought he could do no wrong. Current hubby is pretty good, he does his own laundry, including towels, will clean the kitchen occasionally, ( i go behind him and clean it my way) will scrub the bathroom floor and clean up after Captn Morgan when she loses her dinner all over the kitchen floor.
Why do men get angry over that? Fathers, brothers, husbands, boyfriends - is not like I have long hair on my legs or something. They always seem to know too, even when I deny it and they have ZERO proof - its creepy.

SailorGirl

The whiskers keep toothpaste from sticking, a used towel becomes the next showers bathmat, as long as they're "near" the hamper it counts, we can only deal with a single configuration, Up or Down, pick one and be happy, and as far as aim... Isn't that what those bathroom rugs are for?
You live alone don't you?

luvmygdaughters

Why do men get angry over that? Fathers, brothers, husbands, boyfriends - is not like I have long hair on my legs or something. They always seem to know too even when you deny it and they have ZERO proof - its creepy.
If I remember correctly, its been a long time ago, I think my father said it dulls the blade on the razor, to the point that it has to be replaced. Like I said, there were 3 of us daughters who were constantly using his razor, I guess he was going thru razor blades like crazy! :lmao:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Why do men get angry over that? Fathers, brothers, husbands, boyfriends - is not like I have long hair on my legs or something. They always seem to know too, even when I deny it and they have ZERO proof - its creepy.
Leg hair nicks and dulls the blade. You can feel it the instant you use it on your face.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My mom would always put towels on the floor along side the bowl. I always thought it was to capture the sweat from the tank. In hindsight, with 2 brothers and dad and just mom, it was to make cleanup much easier.