Gym that caters only to fat people

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Dallas gym caters only to obese people | WTKR.com

Gym memberships usually soar in January, after waistlines expand during the holidays.

But one new gym in Dallas is particularly exclusive.

It only lets in people who need to lose weight.

This Dallas gym doesn’t cater to the fit, but proudly to the fat.

Before anyone steps inside “Downsize Fitness,” they must step on the scale.

This gym is only for the obese, those who need to drop at least 50 pounds.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And do you know why? Because fat people will use every excuse in the book to stay that way, including "I can't go to the gym because all those healthy fit people intimidate me." So now they can go "hit the gym", spend an hour chatting with other fatties, then sigh and tell anyone who will listen that they workout for an hour every day and STILL can't lose weight.

Personally, I am inspired by the hardbodies. I want to go to Maximum and see Scottie's rocking bod doing an impossible number of lunges with weights while I bust ass on the dreadmill. It keeps me motivated.

SamSpade

And do you know why? Because fat people will use every excuse in the book to stay that way, including "I can't go to the gym because all those healthy fit people intimidate me." So now they can go "hit the gym", spend an hour chatting with other fatties, then sigh and tell anyone who will listen that they workout for an hour every day and STILL can't lose weight.

Personally, I am inspired by the hardbodies. I want to go to Maximum and see Scottie's rocking bod doing an impossible number of lunges with weights while I bust ass on the dreadmill. It keeps me motivated.

Disagree, but I've been on both sides of this point, and been around a lot of others who have been on both as well.

Certainly, it's true that gyms designed for women only have been successful, for many of the same reasons.

But when I've been obese and in poor shape - it *may* be inspiring to see some guy bench the entire stack with someone standing on it - but that isn't how he usually sees YOU, especially if he's some young, cocky punk.

I've been to my share of gyms where the *OWNER* was such a condescending jerk, I and friends of mine have simply left.

I know folks who need to lose weight and go to gyms - but they go during the hours when it is lightly attended, where they won't be snickered at by hard bod #######s.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But when I've been obese and in poor shape - it *may* be inspiring to see some guy bench the entire stack with someone standing on it - but that isn't how he usually sees YOU, especially if he's some young, cocky punk.

But I'm there for me, not him. Why would I care if he wants to point and laugh at my thighs?

I've never noticed anyone noticing me, anyway. Usually they're busy doing their own thing and admiring their own muscles. Gym rat guys are scoping out young hot chicks, not me. :lol:

SamSpade

But I'm there for me, not him. Why would I care if he wants to point and laugh at my thighs?

I've never noticed anyone noticing me, anyway. Usually they're busy doing their own thing and admiring their own muscles. Gym rat guys are scoping out young hot chicks, not me. :lol:

Well, good for you. It doesn't bother you. It DID bother me a lot when I was pushing close to 400 pounds, and gym rat guys are often not too kind to guys like me - like I said, especially if they're like high school/college age jerks. They often reserve a lot of their smirks for when you need to use the weights they're using, and they don't feel like doing it.

I've been to nutrition type stores as well where the staff recommend absolutely nothing else other than why not stop stuffing your face kind of remarks. They aren't all that way, but the ones that do, they lose my business.

I never noticed women checking me out, either, even when I was in my twenties and lean (I was a carpenter then).

Dakota

~~~~~~~

Who wants to talk to somebody when they are working out? I actually got mad because one of the guys I worked with insisting on standing there and talking to me while I was on the treadmill... like 20 minutes...

Guys.... don't do this shiat... seriously...

Him (standing next to me - very buff and fit) asking questions and me (chubby needing to be there) huffing and puffing answers back.... Not fun!!! That is why I like my treadmill desk at home. :yay: Now I would, eventually, like to attend some classes.