H g t v

mAlice

professional daydreamer
is becoming very bad reality tv.

I'm watching Love It or List It. 3 or 4 children, one on the way, obvious tight budget ($15,000 for reno ) or $250k for a new home.

He's showing her brand new homes over their budget, and she's doing nothing but disappointing them with what she's not able to deliver.

Earlier, woman is shopping for a new home for her and her young son, agents keep showing her homes above her budget, then roll their eyes and ask why she keeps low-balling. Well, dumb ass, it's because that's what you're showing her. Client ended up buying a home that she found on line, and I bet she still payed the agents fee. Dumb asses.

CRHS89

Yeah, I used to watch it a lot more than I do now. I don't like the shows they have now and the fact that they do marathons of the same show all day.

glhs837

Power with Control
Part of that, though, is that people have unreasonable expectations about what they can get. Show them a house that has what they say are must haves, and the houses are going fall where they do. Show them stuff in the budget, and they will say "But I said I had to have the hot and cold running diamonds!!!!!, Where are the Diamonds?!!!!!!!!

I do prefer DIY network, mostly, though. Love the Overseas Househunters too. Domestic ones not so much.

dash1975

Yea I like most of those shows but do not watch them as much either. When you look at some of the people that decide to stay in their home you have to think they are doing that so they can sell their home "For Sale By Owner" and save the fees plus list is as a "Love it or List it" house. One of my favorite shows is "My First Place". Love watching the buyers get a house and then see how bad the house really is during the inspection!