H.R. 1 - Federal Takeover of the Election Process

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Measures in the massive bill, passed 220-210 Wednesday, include:

• A new program providing for public financing of federal elections, matching small-dollar donations 6 to 1.
  • Creating nationwide automatic voter registration.
  • Reducing the number of members on the Federal Election Commission from 6 to 5. Democrats say will allow the commission to do its job rather than be deadlocked, but Republicans say that would make the FEC a "partisan weapon."
  • Require certain politically active groups, including 401(c)3 "dark money" nonprofit organizations, to disclose donors who give $10,000 or more, and expand the definition of election-related communication and reduce the influence of independent expenditure-only "super PACs," among other measures.
  • Require states to allow any eligible voter to vote by mail in federal elections.
  • Require states to allow any eligible voter to use ballot drop-boxes.
  • Allows felons who have completed their incarceration to vote.

Hijinx

Hopefully the Senate will send it back , but I doubt it. This is a major move against a fair vote.

PsyOps

Pixelated
It was easy to predict democrats would do this. They have complete control of our fed over these new voting rules. They aim to never lose control of government again.

Republicans better figure out a way to fight this. So far they have been inept and impotent with combating democrats on just about everything. They get on TV and talk big about how they won't tolerate what democrats are doing (big mouths like Lindsey Graham), then disappear in to the crevices of moldy offices and do nothing. Meanwhile, voters are throwing their hands in the air asking "who the hell with fight for us"?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Looks like a lot of unconstitutional crap that tries to diminish state sovereignty.

What's with this "constitutional" crap you talk of? Democrats are on a path to completely erase it from existence. You really think cancelling Dr. Seuss is about cancelling offensive books? You think cancelling conservative voices is only about shutting up opposition? Their target is the constitution, and wiping it out.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What's with this "constitutional" crap you talk of? Democrats are on a path to completely erase it from existence. You really think cancelling Dr. Seuss is about cancelling offensive books? You think cancelling conservative voices is only about shutting up opposition? Their target is the constitution, and wiping it out.

I get all that. It's just that I still hold out some hope that our mostly invisible and timid SCotUS will eventually be called on to smack some of this overreach down.

Bonehead

Sadly I don't see SCOTUS as being in play anymore. They proved it by refusing to look at the election.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I get all that. It's just that I still hold out some hope that our mostly invisible and timid SCotUS will eventually be called on to smack some of this overreach down.

how many elections will process under the new rules, until a case can make it

limblips

PREMO Member
from fox News: "Backers of the bill say this small-dollar match program is the anecdote to getting big money and corporate interests out of elections and to allow candidates to focus on garnering support from their neighbors rather than catering to high-dollar donor fundraisers and special interests. "

If they want less influence from big business and high dollar lobbyists then pass rules to get rid of those money sources. Giving them "free" taxpayer money is BS.

easyliving45

Werent you guys just saying a couple months ago the federal government and Trump should be in charge of voting not leaving it up to states ?

You guys are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

limblips

PREMO Member
Werent you guys just saying a couple months ago the federal government and Trump should be in charge of voting not leaving it up to states ?

You guys are the biggest hypocrites on the planet.
Ok prove your statement. Show me where I said the fed and/or Trump should be in charge of voting. Prove it or apologize and then STFU and go away.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They want to force us to contribute to their already massive campaign coffers. That's a big fat ****ing NO.

Is there any end to the greed and corruption of our "elected" officials? They don't even try to hide this chit anymore.

And then they have the freaking GALL to call it the "For the People Act".

:roflmao:

You have to read this, and Nancy's ridiculous explanation:

:lmao:

Are we really that freaking stupid that she can say something like that and not be laughed off the planet???

easyliving45

They want to force us to contribute to their already massive campaign coffers. That's a big fat ****ing NO.

Is there any end to the greed and corruption of our "elected" officials? They don't even try to hide this chit anymore.

And then they have the freaking GALL to call it the "For the People Act".

:roflmao:

You have to read this, and Nancy's ridiculous explanation:

:lmao:

Are we really that freaking stupid that she can say something like that and not be laughed off the planet???

And how much did you spend on MAGA crap and fake Build the wall funds that went right into Trumps pocket?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And how much did you spend on MAGA crap and fake Build the wall funds that went right into Trumps pocket?

I bought a hat for my dad at a rally. So the answer is $10.

And of course you would say something so ignorant because you're a mindless bot. I CHOSE to spend that money. Nobody confiscated it and allocated it without my permission.