Hair dye question

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
I have always done my hair darker. I am thinking about going blonde, right now my hair is a very light brown. I want to slowly go lighter though so its not so dramatic. I have always used Loreal Natural match not sure if thats good for lightning though. What brand/ type do yall reccomend? Tia!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I have always done my hair darker. I am thinking about going blonde, right now my hair is a very light brown. I want to slowly go lighter though so its not so dramatic. I have always used Loreal Natural match not sure if thats good for lightning though. What brand/ type do yall reccomend? Tia!

I recommend a professional for going lighter. Lifting color is tricky.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
^ True. You can't "bleach out" darker color by simply using lighter color next time. The darker tint either has to fade out or be removed with a professional color remover product. Also depends on your natural color. If it's normally light brown the stuff at the drugstore will only take you down 2 levels from your natural shade.

nobody really

I need a nap
I recommend a professional for going lighter. Lifting color is tricky.

I totally agree - they say going darker is easier on the hair - going lighter strips the hair. Invest in the professional lighting. I'm brunette and went lighter to the point i was being described as a "tall blonde". Had it professionally done, went back to brunette and my hair wasn't damaged at all.

oldman

Lobster Land
I know this is the Ladies Room, but as a non-lady I have never been able to comprehend why one would want to change their hair color. What does it, or what do you think it does for you? Just a question so don't go spastic on me for asking.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I know this is the Ladies Room, but as a non-lady I have never been able to comprehend why one would want to change their hair color. What does it, or what do you think it does for you? Just a question so don't go spastic on me for asking.

I guess 'cuz we can. :shrug:

vegmom

Bookseller Lady

Either because another color looks better on us or we're covering gray. In my case it's both.

oldman

Lobster Land
Either because another color looks better on us or we're covering gray. In my case it's both.

I don't know what to say about another color looking better, but covering gray is a sad answer. Gray is a pretty color. Seems to me that your hair style (haircut) would be more of a worry than color. Then again I've never been a woman so what do I know?

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I don't know what to say about another color looking better, but covering gray is a sad answer. Gray is a pretty color. Seems to me that your hair style (haircut) would be more of a worry than color. Then again I've never been a woman so what do I know?

It didn't look pretty when my teenaged daughter decided to mess with her naturally blonde hair (without my permission) and put ash blonde on her hair. Blondes should never put Ash on their hair we found out! Her hair went battleship gray - it was time for her to go to a prom alternative dance - and it cost me $125.00 to get a professional salon to fix her hair disaster! I learned that I won't mess with my hair color!

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome

:huggy: are you saying that because you are a male without enough gray strands to color?

Most people's skintone is not flattered by gray, especially those of us with long hair.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady

When my hair goes totally white then I'll stop, but for now I dye. I started graying pretty young (runs in the family).

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love

I just like a change, I dont always like having the same hair color.

sockgirl77

There is nothing graceful about growing old.

Nope. I'm due for a dye job myself. My hair is so damn long now. I have been putting it off because I know that it is going to be too expensive. But, I cannot continue to rip these white wirey hairs out of my head. :ohwell:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
You could go to Sally's and ask one of the girls who work there to help you with what product would help lighten your hair. I know if you get the stuff called Kalidascope (may not be correct spelling but just ask for it), you can lighten your hair without getting the brassy tones.

sockgirl77

You could go to Sally's and ask one of the girls who work there to help you with what product would help lighten your hair. I know if you get the stuff called Kalidascope (may not be correct spelling but just ask for it), you can lighten your hair without getting the brassy tones.

Does it smell like bananas?