Hair Gadget to retire the rest ...

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
crabcake said:
My hair is the same way; thin but tons of it, so it takes a style fairly easy. What I love about this is that I can use minimal product (light straightening gel w/my Ion heat styling mist) and voila. It doesn't go frizzy half-way through the day, holds the style, gives it body/bounce, etc. :yay:

:smack: you, Bre, for not sharing it on here when you found it. :lol:
I didn't want to butt in on your consumer reporting. :lmao: Almost everything you recommend I end up getting and it works. :notworthy:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I'm so ate up with the brush dryer now, I went out and bought two new ones -- one has a bigger, 2-inch boar bristle ceramic brush, and the other has a two-sided flat ceramic brush (one side of which might work for those of you with thicker hair), a ceramic comb, and a one-inch round brush. I can definately see the second one with the flat brush or comb attachment being a quick "touch-up" you can run through your hair in 2 minutes if you do your hair in the morning, come home and want to head out for the night without redoing your whole hair routine again. :yay:

And here's the straightening/heat-protection spray I mentioned once before. I picked up two more bottles of this today, as I use it daily. I use just the tiniest bit of gel, spray this all over, comb through, then blow out my hair, and it's super silky soft/smooth, no frizz, fly-aways or static -- all day! :yay:

I love Sally's. :smile:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Is this the hair thread for tonight?

Is it possible that your hair won't grow past a certain length? Ever since I had my son, I have not been able to grow my hair past my shoulders to save my life. Ticks me off, because it was almost halfway down my back (and that's a long back :lol:) before I cut it right after he was born. :mad:

crabcake

Nickel said:

Is it possible that your hair won't grow past a certain length? Ever since I had my son, I have not been able to grow my hair past my shoulders to save my life. Ticks me off, because it was almost halfway down my back (and that's a long back :lol:) before I cut it right after he was born. :mad:
Try taking a multi-vitamin with lots of biotin in it. :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
crabcake said:
Try taking a multi-vitamin with lots of biotin in it. :yay:
I take a multivitamin, CoQ10, vitamin B12 and ginseng. :lol: The multivitamin only has 30mcg of biotin...maybe I can supplement with a biotin tablet too.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Nickel said:

Maybe your back is getting longer. :shrug:

crabcake

Nickel said:
The multivitamin only has 30mcg of biotin...maybe I can supplement with a biotin tablet too.
:yay: My MV has 81.5 mcg's of biotin ... I'd like to add a biotin tab as well. Any recommendations on where I can get one and any particular brand? I want my hair down to my middle-back again by summer, and if I increase biotin intake, I know it'll be there b/c my hair generally grows pretty fast anyway.

I wonder what the daily recommended dosage of Biotin is? I see 300, 600, 1000 and 2500 mcg tablets on drugstore.com. :jet:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
crabcake said:
I wonder what the daily recommended dosage of Biotin is? I see 300, 600, 1000 and 2500 mcg tablets on drugstore.com. :jet:
I saw that too. :lol:

I usually buy my vitamins at the grocery store, and my mom swears by the One-a-day stuff. I like "Olay" brand, they're formulated for women, and come with all four that I take packaged together (one packet per day). Takes the guess work out of it. :lol: I'm supposed to take glucosamine for arthritis in my knees (thanks mom :lol:), but I don't. :blushing: I looked into recommended dosage of biotin and it's like 100 mcg daily (unless otherwise suggested by a doctor). I think I'll do a little research into risks of overdose. :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Looks like no overdoses have been reported, so I guess you can take as much as you want. :lol:

crabcake

Nickel said:
I looked into recommended dosage of biotin and it's like 100 mcg daily (unless otherwise suggested by a doctor). I think I'll do a little research into risks of overdose. :lol:
Lemme know what you find out. :yay: Maybe adding a 300 mcg tablet every other day wouldn't hurt. :shrug:

I never understood vitamin overdosing though ... I thought they were supposed to be good for you. :lol:

crabcake

Nickel said:
Looks like no overdoses have been reported, so I guess you can take as much as you want. :lol:
:banana: I'm gonna pick up the 2500 mcg tablets tomorrow then ... my hair will be down to my knees in a week. :lmao:

I wonder though, since I've never taken additional biotin before, if it makes any other *ahem* body hair grow faster as well. :whistle:

crabcake

Nickel said:
I'm thinking 'bout all those baldies out there who are spending money hand-over-fist for rogaine. :biggrin:

Seriously though ... I don't wanna be getting dreads on my :gossip:, or having to shave my legs twice a day or some crap. :lol: