Hair Grow Faster...help

Hales

I dyed my naturally brown hair blonde about a year ago- I didnt realize how much it would damages my hair. I ended up having to cut like 4-5 inches off and I am working on dying it my natural color and just not dying it anymore. It has grown out some but still isnt the length I would like. I just started taking vitamins to help it grow which make my tummy hurt. My hair doesnt seem the same since I dyed it that day -the texture is horrible now. Any advice to get it long & pretty again quick?

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
Careful with the vitamins, I remember a girl in high school that took them to make her hair grow faster and the hair on her face grew also. Especially above her lip. She ended up getting it waxed and it grew back darker.

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
I dyed my naturally brown hair blonde about a year ago- I didnt realize how much it would damages my hair. I ended up having to cut like 4-5 inches off and I am working on dying it my natural color and just not dying it anymore. It has grown out some but still isnt the length I would like. I just started taking vitamins to help it grow which make my tummy hurt. My hair doesnt seem the same since I dyed it that day -the texture is horrible now. Any advice to get it long & pretty again quick?

LOTS of conditioner. and don't wash it every day, it dries it out..especially in the summer. Use a leave in conditioner..
diet has a lot to do with hair as well as your nails. How To Improve Hair and Nails Through Your Diet | eHow.com

Also, don't sleep with a pony tail holder in, it causes more breakage

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

It sounds like you bleached your hair and you'll just have to wait it out. I don't think there is a product that can repair your hair once you have stripped it.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Eat alot of strawberries, avacados, black olives, sunflowers seeds, kiwi, oranges, etc. You don't have to eat the ones you don't like. Just eat the ones you like and your hair grow fast naturally.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I damaged my hair several years ago. Thought I'd have to cut most of it off, but my awesome hairdresser told me how to save it.

Put conditioner on dry hair, tuck under a plastic cap, go to bed. Rinse the next morning. Do not wash the conditioner out, just rinse it out.

Now I wash my hair about 3 times a week. I just use conditioner every morning. I don't brush my hair in the summer, just run my fingers through it when it's wet, then again when it's dry.

Also be careful using high protien shampoos like panteen. You can over kill with them and cause more damage.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I damaged my hair several years ago. Thought I'd have to cut most of it off, but my awesome hairdresser told me how to save it.

Put conditioner on dry hair, tuck under a plastic cap, go to bed. Rinse the next morning. Do not wash the conditioner out, just rinse it out.

Now I wash my hair about 3 times a week. I just use conditioner every morning. I don't brush my hair in the summer, just run my fingers through it when it's wet, then again when it's dry.

Also be careful using high protien shampoos like panteen. You can over kill with them and cause more damage.

BTW... I found P. She cut Bug's hair on Sunday. :yay:

K

Kain99

When I was a teenager we used to head over to the hair dressing side of the Tech Center. They had this cool instrument that had a handle and looked like a comb on the end. It shot electricity out and we used to constantly comb our hair with it.

It was supposed to promote rapid hair growth. I wonder if you can find one of those online or sumpin.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Not sure what vitamins you tried already, but Biotin is a good oral vitamin to add to your daily intake to help promote hair growth. I took it and my hair grew like mad. I just had 3 inches cut off last weekend, and about 3 inches cut off 2 months ago, and it's still almost half way down my back. If your stomach is sensitive to oral vitamins, be sure to take them with milk/food. :yay:

Hales

I am taking "Hair, Skin, Nails" from Origin for Women. I read in Cosmo to take something with at least 100% of Biotin, Folic Acid, and Vitamin B... and this vitamin has 1,000& biotin, 50% folic acid, and 1000% Vitamin B. I have been taking it with food but I think my stomach is just cursed. lol. I had my hair professional done at S-kape (blonde & then back to normal) so it wasnt like I just through some bleach in it. I wash my hair everyday if not its a hot mess! I just started the vitamins yesterday how long does it noramlly take to notice a difference? My hair is about level with my breast and i would like it to be down to my belly button which is like...6 more inches:crazy:

punjabigyrl

one thing to remember is that your hair has growing phase and a rest phase. If you are in a rest phase you just have to wait. I got highlights on my hair 4 years ago and my hair was pretty damaged. My hairdresser recommended the hot six oil by african royale. You get that in sallys beauty and walmart. Its the product geared towards black people. This stuff does wonders for your hair. Even get the frizz under control. :yay:

Hales

Thanks for the reply...I go to my hair dresser next week and maybe she can give me some advice on if I should do something different...this humidity definitely doesn help!