Hair Metal Never Dies.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Interesting site.

Soapbox moment: I always saw the "hair metal" bands as wannabees. They didn't have the anger and aggression of true metal. "Hair metal" was Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Cinderella, Poison, Ratt, Warrant. True metal was Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Accept, Anthrax, Slayer, Pantera.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
BigSlam123b said:
So where do Skid Row and Guns & Roses fit in your categorizing?
Good question. Skid Row wasn't hair metal, and I give them points for being influenced by British metal. GNR rates its own special category. They were from L.A., but they had a raw street attitude that the hair metal bands from that city lacked.

fttrsbeerwench

Tonio said:
Interesting site.

Soapbox moment: I always saw the "hair metal" bands as wannabees. They didn't have the anger and aggression of true metal. "Hair metal" was Bon Jovi, Whitesnake, Cinderella, Poison, Ratt, Warrant. True metal was Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Accept, Anthrax, Slayer, Pantera.

:yeahthat: Overkill, Megadeth, Sepultura and Testament.

Cletus_Vandam

fttrsbeerwench said:
:yeahthat: Overkill, Megadeth, Sepultura and Testament.

Come on.... you can't be serious about lumping Sepultura into a hair band category, can you? If that's the case Dean Martin could be in that category since he had hair, right?

I happened upon a interesting site a while back that gave a very good decription of the different types of metal (deth, black, speed, etc.). If anyone is really interested in knowing the differences, check out:

http://www.bnrmetal.com/

All of the bands there are nothing but the baddest or bad....

Any of you out there listen to XM's liquid metal?

fttrsbeerwench

Cletus_Vandam said:
Come on.... you can't be serious about lumping Sepultura into a hair band category, can you? If that's the case Dean Martin could be in that category since he had hair, right?
QUOTE]

UH.. NO Cletus..Those are supposed to be cool bands.... I think Sepultura is one of the hardest bands ever. I won't say I never listened to any hair metal.. I loved Motley Crue and even that foo foo hippie glam band who sang "Fly High Michelle". I liked the sleezy rock bands like LA Guns and London Quireboys.
I have seen more death and speed bands live then the girlie shiat. It's a better show.

Anyone ever listen to Metal Church?? I liked that band too.

Cletus_Vandam

fttrsbeerwench said:
Cletus_Vandam said:
QUOTE]

UH.. NO Cletus..Those are supposed to be cool bands.... I think Sepultura is one of the hardest bands ever. I won't say I never listened to any hair metal.. I loved Motley Crue and even that foo foo hippie glam band who sang "Fly High Michelle". I liked the sleezy rock bands like LA Guns and London Quireboys.
I have seen more death and speed bands live then the girlie shiat. It's a better show.

Very cool!!!! I can't belive that you remembered Fly High Michelle. Do you remember who sang it???

H

HollowSoul

Tonio said:
Interesting site.

true, you have a point- alot of the music looking back was a lil "bubblegum" but you also have to agree that there was ALOT of tallent indevidually in the 80's
even though he was doing it from day 1, Eddie VanHalen invented the finger tap
I think it was 88 maybe 89 when drop d started finding its way in to mainstream
in the 80's, double bass was big....late 80's it migrated to double peddal which meant better bass response and a tighter sound

H

HollowSoul

fttrsbeerwench said:
Cletus_Vandam said:
QUOTE]

obviously nailbomb and cradle of filth isn't in your CD collection

fttrsbeerwench

[<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 791197" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>BigSlam123b</TD><TD class=alt2>Enuff ZNuff</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
:lmao: BigSlam's "poof" is showing...

Double bass is the shizzznit!!!!!

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 791209" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>HollowSoul</TD><TD class=alt2>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by fttrsbeerwench
Cletus_Vandam said:
QUOTE]

Cletus_Vandam said:
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
obviously nailbomb and cradle of filth isn't in your CD collection</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Care to enlighten a sista?? I have heard of CoF ..... Corrosion of Conformity...or Biohazard...I would like to hear some of that.. OOHHH ! And, some old Butthole Surfers and Suicidal Tendencies. :thumbsup:

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 791216" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>K_Jo</TD><TD class=alt2>Spinal Tap is the best band of all time.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>