Hair Place and Nail Place in Wal-Mart

SShewbert

What love is all about
Has anyone used the places in Wal-Mart? I am wanting to get my hair high lighted and since I am pregnant I want a place that is going to be really open.

M

Mousebaby

Hair place done my girls hair pretty good. I got my nails done at walmart once! I will never make that mistake again! Kims Nails over in San Souci is where I go! :howdy:

SShewbert

What love is all about
Ok thanks. I aint really worried about the Nail Place just mainly the hair place. I want highlights and I need to get my daughters hair cut. Shes old enough I dont want to cut it anymore.

Ladybug76

Has anyone used the places in Wal-Mart? I am wanting to get my hair high lighted and since I am pregnant I want a place that is going to be really open.

I have heard horrible things about the nail place, but I have not been there. They always look grumpy to me. I was happy with the hair place, but I just needed a basic trim. They seem very nice and I would go back.

BooksRock

Nails NO NO NO
But, I had a gal named Heather do my hair and she was AWESOME !!!!
I left there with a wonderful doo.
I say go for it and ask for Heather

NEVER NEVER go to Bella's Salon
It is under the management of the Mickey Mouse Club and the charge you 100 for an average hair cut and a horrible experience.
I left not being able to tip because the owners are sooo cheap they don't want to pay the 1% for their stylist to get 10 bucks on credit cards. So you have to carry cash in with you ........ which I don't typcally.

SShewbert

What love is all about
Nails NO NO NO
But, I had a gal named Heather do my hair and she was AWESOME !!!!
I left there with a wonderful doo.
I say go for it and ask for Heather

NEVER NEVER go to Bella's Salon
It is under the management of the Mickey Mouse Club and the charge you 100 for an average hair cut and a horrible experience.
I left not being able to tip because the owners are sooo cheap they don't want to pay the 1% for their stylist to get 10 bucks on credit cards. So you have to carry cash in with you ........ which I don't typcally.

What does the one in Wal-Mart charge? I want a trim and highlights. I will ask for Heather. Thanks.

EmnJoe

nunya bidnis
If your pregnant should you get your hair dyed or lightened? I heard the fumes were not good for an expectant mother.

watercolor

yeah yeah
If your pregnant should you get your hair dyed or lightened? I heard the fumes were not good for an expectant mother.

She can do it, as long as it isnt ammonia (sp) based. I had checked when I was pregnant what I could do about highlights and such. My ob said as long as they werent ammonia based.

You should call before going.

Last edited:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
To get your nails done go to Davis Nails (ask for Davis or Tracy) they are awesome I have been going to Davis for over 8 years and won't see anyone else, in fact he just went on vacation for 3 1/2 weeks and my nails so need to be done and look terrible but nobody else was touching them I told him I would wait till he got back.

Davis Nails is right down the street from Wal-mart on 925, it's in the little shopping center beside the dance place, across the street from Bel-Aire auto body.

millertc

Well, crap. I called Walmart and Heather is no longer there. They said she went back to a shop over in Calvert (and they do not know the name of it)

tyky

eieio
Before the Supercenter had started building I was at Kims nails and I was told that Kims Nails tried to get into Walmart for a 4th location but they were too late.

K

kris31280

Go to the walmart salon and ask for Rachel. She's the manager and phenominal.

K

kris31280

Thank you. I went yesterday and had my daughters hair cut. Rachel is the one who cut her hair and did a wonderful job.
She's my sister in law and the only person I let touch my hair ever.

wishes26

What does the one in Wal-Mart charge? I want a trim and highlights. I will ask for Heather. Thanks.

I like the one in wal-mart it's 13.95 with wash and cut for adults and I think it's 9.95 with wash for children ask for rachel she's great for adults and kids hair she is the only one I have ever let cut my daughters hair

On_the_Water

Thank you Everyone

We appriciate all your business. Your best bet is to come M-Th anytime 9-9pm. We take our last cut at 8:30pm and any chemical service at 7pm. We have enjoyed all your company and comments. For those of you who were looking for Heather she is at Unqiue Chic in Solomons shopping Center. Otherwise all of our girls are highly certified in all aspects. We offer color, foils, perms, cuts, and waxing. All priced to fit. We are no better or different then anyone else, when you think about it we all go to the same schooling and state certified training as anyone else, the only thing you pay for at a big name place it that it's self, the name. We have an array of products and services. Please stop in and Tonja, Christa, Shannon, Jessica, Alice or myself Rachel, will gladdly assit you. Thank you again. Our hours are M-Sat 9-9 and Sun 10-6. We only request you call us by name Smart Style Salon(Regis Owned) 301-863-6366 No Appt's. Just walk ins, all day all the time.

On_the_Water

Heather is back now. Her other salon she was working at in Solomon's closed down. So she's back at Smart Style in Walmart.