Hair Products

Khurley

I dye my hair and it is getting dry - can anyone recommend a reasonably priced shampoo and conditioner? Someone suggested Aveda, but that gets a little pricey.

I dye my hair and it is getting dry - can anyone recommend a reasonably priced shampoo and conditioner? Someone suggested Aveda, but that gets a little pricey.

Ion for color treated hair... you can get it from Sally's (just down the strip from Fashion Bug).

SoftballCrazy

Pantene conditioner, then add a little Humectress to the ends of your hair, and leave it in...

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!

My hair is really getting dry too. I need to find a good place to get good cut and color job!! I tried Scalped but didn't think it was all that.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Ion for color treated hair... you can get it from Sally's (just down the strip from Fashion Bug).

I've been using the Zotos brand (name escapes me- tan bottles, red lettering) and I like that better than anything. They have it on the buy-one-get-one-free sale quite often.

When I need more than that I rub a good dollop of coconut oil (the kind that looks like a jar of mayo) and let my hair marinate about an hour or so before I wash it out.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Ah...had to look it up. Product name is Quantum, made by Zotos and sold at Sally's.

Coconut Oil is usually around the natural food section in the grocery store (Food Lion has it).

A good hair color sealent/anti frizz cream will also keep a bit more moisture in because it smoothes the cuticle.

sadkins3

No to Pantene

Pantene conditioner, then add a little Humectress to the ends of your hair, and leave it in...

Just an FYI...Pantene is one of the worst products for color treated hair. It will strip your color in no time and leave a waxy build up on the hair that affects all future chemical treatments.

Try stopping in your local salon for a personal recommendation. Even if you aren't a service client, they should be happy to recommend the appropriate products.

S

Special_K44

hair

matrix balm once a week on my ends. I have naturally curly hair and I dont blow dry it. My hair gets so dry on the ends due to the well water. It makes it easier to comb and puts a nice shine.