Hair salon and stylist suggestions

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Good morning ladies!

I havnt had a stylist touch my noggin since January of LAST year. I think its safe to say Im overdue for a cut... I'm gonna stay away from color, simply becuase I dont have the funds to keep up with it.

So my question for you ladies is, where should I go and who should I see?! I am in Mechanicsville, but will travel for a great stylist. If anyone has any personal experiences with stylists who know how to handle long hair and cut long layers and not butcher it, that would be preferrable!

Thank you all so much!

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
It sounds like you need a Hair Cuttery or similar. You don't need a fancy, expensive salon for a cut.

:nono: I went to a hair cuttery for a very simple bang trim once between salon appts..they BUTCHERED it. just god awful butchering of epic proportions. I was in tears and im not a crier.

Totally worth the 30 bucks to get a decent cut at a salon. Hair co is right in charlotte hall and they have some really awesome girls in there..you walk in and every one of them has perfect hair..its like the stepford wives hair edition. :lmao:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
:nono: I went to a hair cuttery for a very simple bang trim once between salon appts..they BUTCHERED it. just god awful butchering of epic proportions. I was in tears and im not a crier.
It's not the salon, it is the person cutting your hair. I've seen horrific hair coming out of both cheap and expensive salons.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Micah at Hair It Is Salon and Spa. I also have long hair with long layers. I've never had a complaint. I walk out of there happy every time.

It's not the salon, it is the person cutting your hair. I've seen horrific hair coming out of both cheap and expensive salons.

That may be true, generally speaking, but in my experience it's not. I've had countless bad cuts from cheap salons and not one since I've been going to a more expensive one. Sometimes the old adage you get what you pay for is correct. They cost more for a reason, or so it seems to me.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
It sounds like you need a Hair Cuttery or similar. You don't need a fancy, expensive salon for a cut.

Normally I would totally agree with you in that you dont have to pay high-dollar to get a high-dollar look. BUT, I have heard more Hair Cuttery Horror Stories than I've heard praise. I do agree with what you also said about it not being the salon but the individual stylist, but I am still very weary. I do appreacite your input, though! :howdy:

ltowngirl

Hair It Is, in my opinion is EXTREMELY over priced. I live in Valley Lee and I drive all the way to LaPlata to get my hair done by Stacey at Fringe Salon. She does an amazing job every time and her prices are very reasonable! Fringe is located inside of LaPlata Fitness.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Hair It Is, in my opinion is EXTREMELY over priced. I live in Valley Lee and I drive all the way to LaPlata to get my hair done by Stacey at Fringe Salon. She does an amazing job every time and her prices are very reasonable! Fringe is located inside of LaPlata Fitness.

A lot of salons are. I used to get highlights done at Bella because I know the owner and trusted her to do them correctly. They were great but eventually it was about $180 + tip to get them done. I can't afford that every couple months.