Hair salon question

amethyst_babes

My daughter wants to have her hair colored at a salon. I've never done anything like that before, so I have some questions.

After the initial color how often do you go back to touch up the roots and is it the same price for a touch up?

Is 15% still a decent tip for hair service?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
My daughter wants to have her hair colored at a salon. I've never done anything like that before, so I have some questions.

After the initial color how often do you go back to touch up the roots and is it the same price for a touch up?

Everyone's hair grows at different rates so it is hard to say. Going from very light hair to very dark hair will require more frequent touch-ups. My routine is every 5-6 weeks.

I suggest to tip what you want without the influence of the norm. :yay:

lbreder

2into4
I tip anywhere between 20 and 40 bucks. Depends how good they do. I figured they work hard on my hair which is very thick and hard to deal with and always do an awesome job! My hair grows so fast so like the other person said, to each his own.

bluewater

First time color is usually about $80, touch up should be around $55 and usually every six weeks depending on how fast her hair grows.

sockgirl77

First time color is usually about $80, touch up should be around $55 and usually every six weeks depending on how fast her hair grows.

It is all based on how much solution they use. Longer, thicker, dryer, and more poreous(sp?) uses more solution.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?

Is she getting full color, or just highlights?

You can go longer between touch-ups if it's just highlights. Typically you're looking at about every 6 weeks.

I always tip closer to 30% for my hair. If you plan on going back to the same person over and over again, you really shouldn't be stingy....they remember who is generous and who isn't!