hair salon?

RidgeChick

Been going to Hair Cutters and they are ok. But one stylist has latched on to me, and I am not real pleased with her work the last 2 or 3 visits. I need a haircut. Reduced income -- so I need an inexpensive place -- any recommendations? Also, tried going to Hair Cutters on StalkerStylist's day off, but she outwitted me and was there!! I don't want drama. Just a hair cut lol. Thanks, in advance!

Roman

I would go to another Salon, so that you don't have to deal with that Stylist. There is a thread here with some very good ideas, and names of Stylists that they like.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Here's a question for you. I've been going to Bellas for well over a year now. The stylist that cut my hair did a great job on my very first haircut but every one after that was just okay and sometimes not so okay. She charges $45.00 a haircut. I think that's probably an average price for an upscale salon but I kinda feel like at $45.00 a pop that it should look great every time I get it cut and it just plain doesn't. And like an idiot I tip her regardless of how I feel it looks - I'm a good tipper too. She asks at the end what do you think and I usually say meh or I'm not sure yet. I can tell you that I NEVER have liked it enough to want to go anywhere but home afterwards, usually to redo it.

I have waited far too long now to get a cut - it's a mess, thick, frizzy, bushy, you name it. I've got pictures and want to go like Meg Ryan short (you've got mail) but I'm debating to go back to her one more time based on the first time she did great or just avoid the whole friggin place. I made the mistake of getting partial highlights there with another girl who asked if I wanted a cut. I said no I just had it cut last week and I hate it. Never mentioned where or with whom but she checked and ran right to the stylist and told her. She then confronted me. Next haircut looked like crap. And I tipped her.

So here's my question. Do you tip when you have a haircut you paid $45.00 for and it looks like crap, or do you just pay for it and leave? I'm starting to feel like I want to make a stand for all the bad haircuts I've gotten.

I tip - I'm often accussed by my husband as being an over-tipper.

Shop around. Sometimes it takes a while to decide that stylist isn't for you, or that the stylist isn't listening to you, or that you are spending too much or whatever, but when that feeling hits, take your business elsewhere. Find somebody else.

Let me tell you, I started off loving a stylist, but then I felt blah after I went and felt like I wasted my money, and that I spent too damn long in the chair waiting on the stylist to get her act together, and was always annoyed, so....out the door I went.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love Lori at Bella. I just give her an idea of what I'm thinking and let her work her magic. She's worth every penny of the price + tip.

Rather than change salons, why wouldn't you just book with a different stylist? If the original one notices and says something, just tell her - "I don't think we're compatible with regard to my hair." It should be that simple. She provides a service for which you pay her, it's not like she's family or a personal friend. It's just business. Most of the time they won't say anything to you anyway.

RidgeChick

I always tip regardless. The tip changes with my satisfaction tho.

And I have tried avoiding the StalkerStylist saying things like "whoever is free, I am in a rush" or "you have a client, "X" can do mine". But she always switches things so I am in her chair. I actually have had co-workers call the salon to see if she is there and arranged my schedule accordingly. There is another stylist there I would go to but I am never aggressive enough to insist.

I am not going to Blades. I took my son there once when he was a kid, for a normal little boy cut and his hair got butchered. I am poor but I would be poor and scared to death having my hair cut there.

Plus I am going to have a lot cut - an old lady spiky kinda cut - so I want someone with some small bit of experience at least.....

RidgeChick

lol. you and I sound alike. Perhaps a buddy haircut day is an idea. If you have someone up to back you up, it may help!

Here's a question for you. I've been going to Bellas for well over a year now. The stylist that cut my hair did a great job on my very first haircut but every one after that was just okay and sometimes not so okay. She charges $45.00 a haircut. I think that's probably an average price for an upscale salon but I kinda feel like at $45.00 a pop that it should look great every time I get it cut and it just plain doesn't. And like an idiot I tip her regardless of how I feel it looks - I'm a good tipper too. She asks at the end what do you think and I usually say meh or I'm not sure yet. I can tell you that I NEVER have liked it enough to want to go anywhere but home afterwards, usually to redo it.

I have waited far too long now to get a cut - it's a mess, thick, frizzy, bushy, you name it. I've got pictures and want to go like Meg Ryan short (you've got mail) but I'm debating to go back to her one more time based on the first time she did great or just avoid the whole friggin place. I made the mistake of getting partial highlights there with another girl who asked if I wanted a cut. I said no I just had it cut last week and I hate it. Never mentioned where or with whom but she checked and ran right to the stylist and told her. She then confronted me. Next haircut looked like crap. And I tipped her.

So here's my question. Do you tip when you have a haircut you paid $45.00 for and it looks like crap, or do you just pay for it and leave? I'm starting to feel like I want to make a stand for all the bad haircuts I've gotten.

sockgirl77

I don't give out her name. She is booked enough. But feel free to see Dee. I hear she's good too.

Ha, maybe we were seeing the same girl and I freed her up for you!

My girl has so many people that I doubt she'd be offended if she lost a customer. Besides, I know she does fabulous hair. :lmao:

mamatutu

mama to two
Been going to Hair Cutters and they are ok. But one stylist has latched on to me, and I am not real pleased with her work the last 2 or 3 visits. I need a haircut. Reduced income -- so I need an inexpensive place -- any recommendations? Also, tried going to Hair Cutters on StalkerStylist's day off, but she outwitted me and was there!! I don't want drama. Just a hair cut lol. Thanks, in advance!

This is just a thought. I used to go to Fantastic Sams in PF and always had Tanya. She was great and knew my hair. They closed, so I had to regroup. I ended up finding a stylist in my neighborhood that works out of her house (St. Leonard). She is great and obviously very convenient. I am glad when I can give business to a local small service. She even cut my hair for my daughter's wedding last month. Now, that is trust! :lol: Maybe, there is someone in your neighborhood. I assume you live in Ridge. If you want to make the trip, PM me, and I can give you her number. Our hair is very important to us girls! Good luck.

I forgot to say she charges $25 for shampoo, condition, cut and dry. She charges less if you eliminate any of those except the cut, obviously. :smile:

Last edited: