Hair Salons

Dixie

Just wanted to come back and finish up my haircut "drama". Much, much to Bella's credit (or at least Sara - the stylist who didn't show), there was a message on my work phone. Sara called and said if she had checked her books before she left on Thursday she would have known she had an appointment at 10:00. She doesn't start until 11:00. I don't know if the receptionist goofed it up or not but regardless Sara asked that I call back that day and she would fit me in someplace. I didn't get the message until Tuesday and it was too late at that point but I did appreciate the effort.

I still don't understand how the receptionist managed to see and talk to the stylist three times when she wasn't even there - guess that's another story.

Dixie

I can assure you, you will not be disappointed, and the name is just that, a name.

Sounds like you got everything taken care of though. :yay:
I did. I went to The Hair Company even though I swore I'd never go back because they kept me waiting for 45 minutes once.

Anyway I did one of those proverbial dramatic I shall never return exits from the Hair Company back in May and went to Bellas instead and got a decent cut.

Then the thing happened with Bellas and I needed to find someplace fast that I knew would be good. I called the Hair Company and made an appointment under a fake name. I'm never sure if they keep records of their clients - like this one left a bad tip - give her a bad haircut type thing.

The appointment was early in the morning and when I used to go to them it was always afternoon. I figured chances were slim to none that it was the same girl who had cut my hair twice in the past.

Well when I got there I couldn't remember my fake name - remembered the first name, couldn't remember the last. And to boot it was the same girl who's cut it twice. Not sure if she recognized me or not.

I think I've done that at least 10 times in this area. I went to Hair It Is for five straight years under a fake name.

I'm a little wacky when it comes to my hair. We hate each other.

MMM_donuts

I'm a little wacky when it comes to my hair. We hate each other.
I totally get that ^.

I'm in the market again, too. A girl from Bella's absolutely destroyed my hair so badly that one of the owners offered me free treatments or massages for life. I didn't want to deal with having to look at the girl ever again, though.

I used to go to Hair Port and liked it but the girl would get to talking and get messy with the color. It would stain my face and irritate my skin. I complained twice, left after the third time.

I really really really love my stylist from The Hair Co. She's absolutely worth the money BUT she only works a few days a week and is super booked. I had to reschedule an appointment and can't see her again until December, which'll make 5 months between semi permanent color. That's just not going to work for me. (Sigh) I think I'm going to have to break up with her simply due to scheduling conflicts.

The Hair Co is not a place where I've had good luck anyways. I only even tried that stylist be because she consistently does an amazing job on my friend's hair. Once, I got a manicure and the polish literally fell off of 2 fingers by that evening. Once, I did a pre-wedding makeup practice. I had to ask the girl to wash her hands because they smelled so heavily of cigarettes and she basically just let me play in the makeup. She didn't actually apply it.

I think I'm just going to go up to Annapolis. I seem to have much better luck finding services in that area.

Dixie

I totally get that ^.

I'm in the market again, too. A girl from Bella's absolutely destroyed my hair so badly that one of the owners offered me free treatments or massages for life. I didn't want to deal with having to look at the girl ever again, though.

I used to go to Hair Port and liked it but the girl would get to talking and get messy with the color. It would stain my face and irritate my skin. I complained twice, left after the third time.

I really really really love my stylist from The Hair Co. She's absolutely worth the money BUT she only works a few days a week and is super booked. I had to reschedule an appointment and can't see her again until December, which'll make 5 months between semi permanent color. That's just not going to work for me. (Sigh) I think I'm going to have to break up with her simply due to scheduling conflicts.

The Hair Co is not a place where I've had good luck anyways. I only even tried that stylist be because she consistently does an amazing job on my friend's hair. Once, I got a manicure and the polish literally fell off of 2 fingers by that evening. Once, I did a pre-wedding makeup practice. I had to ask the girl to wash her hands because they smelled so heavily of cigarettes and she basically just let me play in the makeup. She didn't actually apply it.

I think I'm just going to go up to Annapolis. I seem to have much better luck finding services in that area.
I feel your pain. I actually did pretty well at Bellas with hair color. Morgan did something called a partial with highlights. Took about 40 minutes, lasted three months and ran around $90.00. I was pretty surprised.

Loper

Animal Poor!
I have short hair and someone who loves to cut it that way for me. She's local and rents a chair at Castillian. Jackie McKay Knott. She uses Redken color on my hair.
I second Castillian. Karen is also awesome!!!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
She's good people. YOU should know. :howdy:

I got my cut, like the pix, on Wed. and I love it. My color is always awesome and Jackie keeps up with trends.

Jackie's daughter gets married tomorrow!
That cut and style looks great on you. Hope to see it in person soon. :huggy:

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Haven't tried them yet. Do you know anyone there who's good with short hair?
I have short/fragile hair that doesn't even hit my shoulders. I've been seeing Tami at S-kape for about 5 years and I will never let anyone else touch my hair. It is on the pricery side but I believe in you get what you pay for. If you happen to make an appointment tell her Kassie recommended you and you will receive 20% off your service and I will get free shampoo :yahoo: I think you will be happy there. The staff is very professional yet fun and I've never had a problem with no shows