Hair stylist loyalty

acommondisaster

Help! Today's the only day I have for the next two weeks to get color and cut. I'm pretty desperate, as I waited a little too long to get it done - life's just been busy. When I called earlier this week , my regular hairstylist had taken the day off and has taken herself off appointments for today (I'm not sure I know what that means, but I couldn't book). I can't wait. I look hideous and in two weeks, I will look like a brunette skunk. So do I book another stylist in the same shop, since they have my color info or do I go to a different salon altogether? It seems like it'll be awkward to get my hair done by someone else while she's there.

Last edited:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Help! Today's the only day I have for the next two weeks to get color and cut. I'm pretty desperate, as I waited a little too long to get it done - life's just been busy. When I called earlier this week , my regular hairstylist had taken the day off and has taken herself off appointments for today (I'm not sure I know what that means, but I couldn't book). I can't wait. I look hideous and in two weeks, I will look like a brunette skunk. So do I book another stylist in the same shop, since they have my color info or do I go to a different salon altogether?

If she's taken herself off the books for the day, and you're that desperate...I'd say find another girl in the same salon. Explain your situation to the receptionist so they don't go gossip about why you're not waiting to get your hair done by your regular. And unless the new chick does a better job than your regular, next time you see your regular, explain and apoligize and book well in advance :yay: I doubt she'd see it as a huge deal. And if she's that insulted, then don't let her touch your hair again :lol: it's no big deal and shouldn't be.

KDENISE977

If she's taken herself off the books for the day, and you're that desperate...I'd say find another girl in the same salon. Explain your situation to the receptionist so they don't go gossip about why you're not waiting to get your hair done by your regular. And unless the new chick does a better job than your regular, next time you see your regular, explain and apoligize and book well in advance :yay: I doubt she'd see it as a huge deal. And if she's that insulted, then don't let her touch your hair again :lol: it's no big deal and shouldn't be.

:yeahthat: I go to the same girl at The Hair Company and she cuts my sons hair too, but only having ONE day, like you and she happened to be off, I went with someone else at the same salon. I def. didn't like her better, but there was no drama with her and I run into my stylest at McKays and she was FINE... she wanted a day off, can't blame her !!! Good Luck !!!

acommondisaster

Whew! Thanks for the advice. As it turns out, she's going to fit me in - funny how calling and saying you'll see someone else opens up a spot that wasn't there a couple of days ago. I'm really bad at booking very far in advance, usually a few days before I need it. I guess I need to learn to commit earlier.