Hair

I have the inclination to getting a perm. My hair used to go curly but ever since I had the kid it is nasty wavy and I can't do anything it. And I don't have the time to straighten it every morning. I just want to be able to scrunch and go.

Any thoughts/opinions?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
My hair is nasty wavy too. However, depending on the thickness of your hair you might not want to get a perm. I did once and it was a total disaster - very poofy. They have these relaxed body waves which might be an option. Or you might want to check into a different style cut - like with layers so your hair moves a lot which works well with the waves. I go and get a deep conditioning treatment and it strips chemical buildup out of my hair and makes it a lot easier to straighten.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
workin hard said:
I have the inclination to getting a perm. My hair used to go curly but ever since I had the kid it is nasty wavy and I can't do anything it. And I don't have the time to straighten it every morning. I just want to be able to scrunch and go.

Any thoughts/opinions?
It doesn't matter what you do, you'll still be uglier than me. That's just the way it is.

Ehesef said:
It doesn't matter what you do, you'll still be uglier than me. That's just the way it is.

:sigh: I'll never be Ehesefikins. But once you see you'll love it and be like "I love me some WH"

migtig said:
My hair is nasty wavy too. However, depending on the thickness of your hair you might not want to get a perm. I did once and it was a total disaster - very poofy. They have these relaxed body waves which might be an option. Or you might want to check into a different style cut - like with layers so your hair moves a lot which works well with the waves. I go and get a deep conditioning treatment and it strips chemical buildup out of my hair and makes it a lot easier to straighten.

I just cancelled my appt Saturday and need to reschedule but that is what the girl mentioned is doing a body wave.

I have wavy hair that won't go straight by itself and isn't wavy enough to be cute and ever since I had the little guy it got straighter. But frizzier straighter. :lol:

BrassieChic

:shrug: Isn't the permed scrunched look out? I guess as long as it's not the hard scrunched type it would be cool. :shrug: