Haircuts

I needed a haircut before all this started. But being the procrastinator I am, the shops closed before I got one. Starting to look a bit raggedy. I can do some minor trimming, but not much more. It will get to a point when it gets in my eyes, and then the scissors come out.

So, decisions. Let it go and re-live my 70s afro days? Make an attempt to trim it which will probably result in shaving it all off? Find a bowl and get a Moe cut?

How's everyone else going to deal with this? (Gilligan need not respond... :biggrin:)

black dog

Free America
That's a thing in Japan. Use a flame to trim the hair, no clippers.
There is a shop in NYC that was on tv doing that years back..
I use clippers and do it myself nowdays, i get the girl to trim my neck. "Amish Beard"

mitzi

I needed a haircut before all this started. But being the procrastinator I am, the shops closed before I got one. Starting to look a bit raggedy. I can do some minor trimming, but not much more. It will get to a point when it gets in my eyes, and then the scissors come out.

So, decisions. Let it go and re-live my 70s afro days? Make an attempt to trim it which will probably result in shaving it all off? Find a bowl and get a Moe cut?

How's everyone else going to deal with this? (Gilligan need not respond... :biggrin:)

Relive the 70s.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I offered to cut my husband's hair and he reminded me of how I wouldn't have won any grooming awards when I trimmed Dexter (he was a mixed breed) and said "no thanks". He'd rather be shaggy!

somd_guy

SailorGirl — if you’re girl is still interested in working during the shutdown let me know so I can get in touch with her. I’m an every week kind of guy and this situation is no good for me.

DaSDGuy

My better half has been cutting my hair for 20 years. Now that I prefer very short hair the Wahl clippers do the job in 5 minutes. No more bad hair when I wake up in the morning and I don't need that comb anymore.

Louise

We used the dog Pro-Ion groomer kit we own on husband’s hair, yesterday. Now, he looks like our dog. Just kidding. It turned out pretty good. I have cut my own hair for years, now, or what’s left of it. :lol: I feel bad for the barbers, and salons. Hopefully, this will all end sooner than later.

Last edited:

Blister

I'm going full Willy.

SamSpade

Right after the Ravens were eliminated - my wife needed to do SOMETHING - so she cut my hair down to the scalp with a hair trimmer we have. THAT not being enough, she did my son's hair.

Honestly, my hair grows slowly enough that giving me a crew cut works just fine for me.

alleyquit

My better half has been cutting my hair for 20 years. Now that I prefer very short hair the Wahl clippers do the job in 5 minutes. No more bad hair when I wake up in the morning and I don't need that comb anymore.
Nice to real you guys. Thanks