Half-Ton People

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
So if these people are so large they can't get out of bed then they must just &*&^ themselves right there in the bed. Imagine sitting in your own waste until someone comes along to clean you up.

That alone would be motivation enough to trim down and get out of bed.

That is what one of my kids wanted to know. Asked how the guy could find his penis... and how did he go to the bathroom.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
With all the life long side effects of the surgery why have it?

That's what I would like to know. I've seen people who have had this surgery and now they look horrible with extra loose skin, hair thinning out breaking and dry. The life long side effects don't seem very healthy to me.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
That's what I would like to know. I've seen people who have had this surgery and now they look horrible with extra loose skin, hair thinning out breaking and dry. The life long side effects don't seem very healthy to me.

Don't forget, though, that people that are obese have terrible health risks..much worse than saggy skin or thin hair. If the alternative is heart attacks, strokes, necrosis, skin infections, blood clots..that's why they weigh the benefits vs the risks.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Don't forget, though, that people that are obese have terrible health risks..much worse than saggy skin or thin hair. If the alternative is heart attacks, strokes, necrosis, skin infections, blood clots..that's why they weigh the benefits vs the risks.

I understand that but surgery is modifying your body, it's not going to work the same way, like it used to. Why not work hard for something you truly want so badly :shrug:

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I don't think surgery is the easy way out but is not always an option for people.

I worked with a guy that was GAINING weight on purpose to get the surgery. I also know of someone that would eat and eat until she threw up post surgery and than eat more. She also went to 10 different dr's before she found one that would do the surgery. The other's said she was to high risk and to work on losing the weight first.

Surgery might fix the weight but if you head is not in the right place the weight will not remain off. YOU can gain the weight back. I have seen quite a few people gain a percentage of weight back. NO they are not nearly back to where they were but they are still a good 80 lbs overweight.

I have battled my weight for years and still fight the battle. I have 45 lbs to lose AGAIN that I have already lost once. I got lazy, stopped eating the way I should and took a trip down the river of denial. I plan on losing an additional 20 after that for me. I have maintained a loss of 75-80 lbs for 8 years now. After it is all said and done I will have dropped 120 lbs without surgery.

I work out now 4-5x a week and watch what I eat. It isn't easy for me either. I have had to teach my stomach that greasy food is bad. Surgery didn't do that for me but not eating it. Now I eat greasy and end up throwing up or having the runs.

Cowgirl

Ok, I'm curious. If someone is willing to go through the mandatory changes after surgery, why not make changes to lose weight without the surgery?

I mean, I know how hard it can be to lose weight, but it seems to me if someone made those life changes and avoids surgery, they'd be better off in the long run. :shrug: Just curious.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Just a couple years ago I was 185 obese by the chart..I started watching what I ate...NO added excercise and lost down to 145 I have maintained it for 2 yrs now and feel alot better. I lost most of it in the first few months