Ham sandwich....

seekeroftruth

Matthew 13:31 He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. 32 Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”
33 He told them still another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into about sixty pounds of flour until it worked all through the dough.”
34 Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable. 35 So was fulfilled what was spoken through the prophet:
“I will open my mouth in parables,
I will utter things hidden since the creation of the world.”
So.... my friend use to have a mustard seed necklace. Haven't seen any of them lately, but I remember them well. That little mustard seed couldn't be seen with the naked eye.... so, it was enclosed in a magnifying circle of glass. I always wanted a mustard seed, but now that I'm old, even my wedding rings are in the jewelry box so I'm glad I didn't get one.

The yeast is what interests me this morning. When the pandemic started to close down the stores and the bakeries, I had Hubby buy me some yeast. I figured I could make bread if we couldn't get any. I haven't used it though because yeast scares me. It's a living organism. I could kill it if the water is too hot. It could kill my bread if I use too much, blowing it up in the heat of the oven like an old episode of "I Love Lucy".

Christians are supposed to be the yeast. That's what I was taught. A good church sends Christians out into their lives.... and because they are Christians, their light attracts others. But.... the CINOs can also be the yeast.... blowing up the church... giving the preacher a big head... causing the ruination of the message and destroying the church just like the kool-aid at a cult resort.

The point is.... Jesus knew the power of the mustard seed and the yeast. He used them accordingly.

Jesus also knew He wasn't talking to college grads. People understood His message because He tailored it to what they were familiar with.

Jesus could read minds... and if Judas is any example... Jesus could also do something like a mind meld... so He could make people think what He wanted them to think. Jesus could have made all the people like zombies who did all the things a good Christian should do as if in a trance.... but He didn't. He spoke to them in language they could understand. Like using the water warmed to the perfect temperature added to the dry yeast to bring it back to life, Jesus taught them to mingle with the others so they could be Christians too.

Jesus planted the mustard seed. Jesus mixed in the yeast. Sounds like the beginning a great ham sandwich... right?

Tomorrow Jesus will explain.

:coffee: