Handyman recommendations

glhs837

Power with Control
Looking for standard handyman stuff, got a lot to do to my rental and not a huge amount of time or physical capability, since too much effort on the back costs more downtime.
Who you got?

Bobwhite

I have two hard-wired smoke detectors with battery backups. Apparently both batteries are dead because they have been chirping since 0300. I'm a balance-challenged geezer who does not get up on ladders. I need someone who can come out here today to change the batteries. I know it's Sunday but if I don't get someone today my next communication will be with the suicide hotline. I'm in Wildewood.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I have two hard-wired smoke detectors with battery backups. Apparently both batteries are dead because they have been chirping since 0300. I'm a balance-challenged geezer who does not get up on ladders. I need someone who can come out here today to change the batteries. I know it's Sunday but if I don't get someone today my next communication will be with the suicide hotline. I'm in Wildewood.

I'm sorry, but that was funny.

If ladders and I got along I'd come help ya out. Unfortunately for me, climbing a ladder IS suicide.....

glhs837

Power with Control

Bob, well within my skillset and I would be glad to help out. No money needed, just pass it on when the chance come around. Send me a message.

glhs837

Power with Control
And a Big AWESOME Thank You to @glhs837 for helping you out.
That is awesome.

Well, I did my bet, only to be stymied with the fact that these didnt have battery backups. They have the well for them, but it was sealed shut. Not well enough to keep an ordie out, but still sealed. A sticker saying "No battery inside" or some other indication would have saved me some effort. Which means they have either reached end of life or have gotten dusty. I've left them disconnected for now. There is also one of the newer 10 year battery ones so there's still coverage until we get it sorted. .