Hanging My Bridles

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
We had a big gathering this past weekend, and many people commented that they were happy to see another person who "hangs bridles and stuff in their living room".....it never occurred to me that was an "odd" thing to do :lol:

By the front door, we have 3 antique hay hooks which i hang the various bridles i use frequently. I also have a small collection of antique grazing muzzles hung there too. We have a log cabin so our place is...um....rustic :lol:.

By the back door i have a row of pegs...same thing, halters, lead ropes, dog leashes etc. By the sliding door to the family room porch....one brass horse head hook, which i hang the same sort of stuff.

Do you all do that? Or is it really odd? I want to have them handy when i run out the door for anything.

luvscats

sounds to me like you are quite happy and comfortable with who you are. Personally I always feel uncomfortable going to a person's home that is like a newly polished museum (or as my brother says "mausoleum). We're always afraid we'll break or spill something. I like to take my shoes off and feel right at home. Kudoes to you.

I don't have horses. Have cats. If you wear fancy clothes when you come to visit, be sure to bring a lint brush. Jeans rule! :whistle:

fredsaid2

Tack is in the house only when it needs cleaning. Otherwise it's in the barn or the trailer. I like to have bridles and leather halters hung on curved holders to keep that shape. Besides I'm always worried the dog will see leather and think chew toy!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
sounds to me like you are quite happy and comfortable with who you are. Personally I always feel uncomfortable going to a person's home that is like a newly polished museum (or as my brother says "mausoleum). We're always afraid we'll break or spill something. I like to take my shoes off and feel right at home. Kudoes to you.

I don't have horses. Have cats. If you wear fancy clothes when you come to visit, be sure to bring a lint brush. Jeans rule! :whistle:
RC has usurped my entire gorgeous barn with his stuff, so no "official" tack room in it, only in my big LQ trailer which won't fit down the lane up to the house, so it sits about a mile and a half from the house. Much too far to walk to grab a bridle :lol:
the feed room is not temperature controlled enough for me, so my real tack room is downstairs off the master bedroom. But i still prefer to have the bridles/halters upstairs. sometimes saddles even live in the dining room from weekend to weekend :lol:

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
By the back door i have a row of pegs...same thing said:
I have a wood burned image of my first Appaloosa on a hanging rack by the side door and I keep my chaps, canteen, spurs, riding gloves, hornbag, bandanna's, lariat, bridle/reins and other things hung on it for ambiance and ease of finding. I love having horse stuff in the farmhouse. The more leather one can smell the better. It also has a clock that needs a new battery.

Tazgirl

My husband is a neat freak and he hates any clutter, even if I wanted to keep halters, bridles and other things by the door he would just take them back to the tack room... He is also constantly rearranging my tack room and making it neat (yes I am a slob). Not complaining cause lord knows where I would be without him, but I would love to be able to find my stuff when I need it.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I have WAY WAY too many for the house..only what I just bought or what I have listed for sale on ebay is in the house..I have a BIG tackroom and two horse trailer tack rooms full....collected alot over the years and my few years of heavy ebay selling..

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I have WAY WAY too many for the house..only what I just bought or what I have listed for sale on ebay is in the house..I have a BIG tackroom and two horse trailer tack rooms full....collected alot over the years and my few years of heavy ebay selling..

Me too, but I don't FEEL like selling the stuff because that means I would have to collect it, organize it, advertise it, clean it, etc. I have enough to do. I will just probably carry it around with me.:whistle:

eventrder

We had a big gathering this past weekend, and many people commented that they were happy to see another person who "hangs bridles and stuff in their living room".....it never occurred to me that was an "odd" thing to do :lol:

By the front door, we have 3 antique hay hooks which i hang the various bridles i use frequently. I also have a small collection of antique grazing muzzles hung there too. We have a log cabin so our place is...um....rustic :lol:.

By the back door i have a row of pegs...same thing, halters, lead ropes, dog leashes etc. By the sliding door to the family room porch....one brass horse head hook, which i hang the same sort of stuff.

Do you all do that? Or is it really odd? I want to have them handy when i run out the door for anything.

Ok well I must admit your not alone! haha! I have a huge antique hanging coat rack as soon as you walk in my door with a mirror and shelf on it, right now it consists of bits, half chaps, my show helmet, my daughters show helmet, my daughters chaps, all my barn layers (my overalls, my daughters overalls, and vests) under the overalls there is a few halters, maybe a dog leash or 2. On the shelf is a silver platter I won (cant remember when) and a few pictures in frames (yes all of horses or ponies). Under that rack is a bin that is supposed to hold everyone in the family's shoes but it just consists of my daughter and I's barn shoes, we each have about 3 pair. My closet is full of riding stuff not regular clothes, all my breeches are hung up then I have 3 coat bags, one has my show coat, one has my hunt coat, and the other is huge because it has my shadbelly in it. Then all the shirts, stock ties, belts and my good tall boots are in there too in there bag. I have a dresser just for barn clothes, old jeans, sweatshirts, for every day barn wear and a special drawer for riding socks and under garments!

Horse blankets, coolers, and polo wraps fill my laundry room. I like to keep my good stuff in the house until I need it.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Yeap me too I hang my hats, saddle bags,horn bags on the Dininhg room chairs. I have an old saddle in the house but most of mine consist of pic,art and statues and 1 huge collage..You can tell I'm addicted:whistle: But my in use gear is all in the trailer. :coffee:

ElliesMom

I have tack everywhere throughout my house. Bits in the BR, extra halters, helmets, reins, cinches, bags of stuff I take when I travel. Dear Hubby (DH) thinks I've lostmy mind, told me to get those bits in the barn.:whistle:

He'll understand one day when the horse bug bites him too!

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
I have tack everywhere throughout my house. Bits in the BR, extra halters, helmets, reins, cinches, bags of stuff I take when I travel. Dear Hubby (DH) thinks I've lostmy mind, told me to get those bits in the barn.:whistle:

He'll understand one day when the horse bug bites him too!

ya I have horsey stuff all over the house but now Frog went out and bought this storage thing I am suposed to keep all the horsey stuff in it ...
Every time he finds a halter, blanket or what ever it goes in the horsey shed.. He even had my horse blankets rolled up and tied like sleeping bags .. All I can say is it is going to be very interesting when we move and have a real tack room and barn .. :evil:

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass

I think I remember that commnt. We have bridles AND saddles in our dining room. :buddies: Forgot to mention the adult size rocking horse too.

appaholic

I do the same thing horse stuff is everywhere, all over the house, garage storage room, and very organized but over packed dressing room of trailer! This is why SANTA should give me 3 horse with LQ for Xmas. Ofcourse, I might need to clean the dining room prior to Xmas dinner with my non horsey in laws. Strange people don't like animals and get me for a daughter in law!:lmao:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I think I remember that commnt. We have bridles AND saddles in our dining room. :buddies: Forgot to mention the adult size rocking horse too.
Yep, you and 2 other unrelated "horsey" folks said it last sunday :lol: i just never thought it was odd, i've always done it, and so does my mom.

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
yea.. just like fred, I bring 'em in for cleaning.. but they look great in the foyer with the horse-butt coat rack. My husband would rather the house be decorated non-equus so it doesn't stay long. But we all know how that goes...
Now I have to figure how to get the oil off the wall.

Attachments

• 100_1145.jpg
    100_1145.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 79

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
yea.. just like fred, I bring 'em in for cleaning.. but they look great in the foyer with the horse-butt coat rack. My husband would rather the house be decorated non-equus so it doesn't stay long. But we all know how that goes...
Now I have to figure how to get the oil off the wall.

Love your avatar