Happening Now Hollywood Accident

OldHillcrestGuy

Bad accident in front of Hollywood Rescue Squad involving I believe an ambulance from Hollywood and a State Trooper. There appears to be several injuries.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0318/road-closed-after-crash-between-cop-and-ambulance-.html

State Trooper flown after crash with ambulance

UPDATE - The State Trooper is currently being flown to a shock trauma center via helicopter. Two occupants of the ambulance were transported to MedStar St. Mary's Hospital for treatment. Three Notch Road remains closed while crews clear the wreck.

HOLLYWOOD, Md. - On March 13 at 1:44 p.m., crews responded to a crash located on Rescue Lane and Three Notch Road of Hollywood. Arriving units report that the crash involved a State Trooper and an ambulance identified as #798. Injuries have been reported from the scene, a helicopter has been requested for medical transport.

Three Notch Road has been closed between Rescue Lane and Woodpecker Lane. Drivers are advised to avoid the area.

awpitt

Main Streeter
The trooper was texting while looking at his department issued laptop...

Why would you even say that? Very irresponsible.

The ambulance was listed at fault. Please try to get the facts before posting erroneous falsehoods.

Grumpy

Why would you even say that? Very irresponsible.

The ambulance was listed at fault. Please try to get the facts before posting erroneous falsehoods.

I don't know about you, but I took that as a 'tongue-in-cheek' comment.

MiddleGround

Story says that the ambulance driver is at fault but, it also says that the trooper's lights were flashing but they did NOT have their siren on.

If they were in such a hurry to drive at such a high rate of speed AND have their lights flashing, why didn't they have their siren on???

glhs837

Power with Control
Story says that the ambulance driver is at fault but, it also says that the trooper's lights were flashing but they did NOT have their siren on.

If they were in such a hurry to drive at such a high rate of speed AND have their lights flashing, why didn't they have their siren on???

Past a certain point, you are outdriving your siren, not that I'm saying thats why. But we really dont know the Troopers rate of speed.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Past a certain point, you are outdriving your siren, not that I'm saying thats why. But we really dont know the Troopers rate of speed.

Seeing as the speed of sound is 767mph, I doubt there is a patrol car out there that could do this. Just sayin'.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If I may ...

Seeing as the speed of sound is 767mph, I doubt there is a patrol car out there that could do this. Just sayin'.

I know what he meant. I've had LE vehicles come up behind me at a very high rate of speed where I saw the vehicle completely filling my rearview at the same time I heard the siren for the first time. And boy if that don't wake yr arse up!!...

But was the siren even on in this incident?