Happy Anniversary....

ontheriver

What's your favorite Cody story?
Favorite....that's gonna be hard. Probably when he climbed the 12 foot fence under the bridge trying to get the bunny. He was on leash and just stepped up that fence like it was nothing. I was standing mouth wide open.....Who knew! He was insane about rabbits. A squirrel or cat could slap his face and he wouldn't even notice. I actually got him dried bunny ears from Pepper's Pet Pantry and he lost his mind over them. Savage over bunnies.

ontheriver

Dixie had a rabbit skin that she carried with her in the house. She'd tuck it in between her paws and curl around it when she slept. I have no idea what was going on in the brain of hers but she treated it as though it was her baby. We tried to mate her a few times - she had the hots for a scroungy looking mutt in the neighborhood. Serious crush on this dog constantly waving her butt in front of him. So we got a male wired haired in for a bit and she sat flat on her rear and growled and eventually ended up attacking him.
Cody's favorite toy was his boinky bunny (instead of squeaking it made the boinky sound). He killed that thing many times.

ontheriver

Every dog I ever had went for the squeaker and lost interest once they found it. My son's dog - you read about him - the new one he has - I brought over ground beef for him - just a little raw meatball. He took it out of my hand, spit it on the floor, looked at it a few times, tried to roll in it - loves chicken, can't figure out what the hell that meatball was all about. He's a goofus.
Dogs are all special, aren't they. Good night SG. Thanks for listening to me. I appreciate all the responses. I needed that.

Louise

Sorry for your loss, otr. I think about all the dogs I have had in my 65 years when something triggers a memory. There have been many anniversaries. I know your pain quite well. We never forget them. That is why dogs are called man’s best friend. Another name for that is unconditional love. Dogs are smart, and full of life. Humans should take their lead.:huggy:

Last edited:

ontheriver

My first night without Cody sucked as much as I knew it would.....Damn
My sweet daughter took Cody to her house to bury him under the walnut trees surrounded by the daffodils my late husband planted many years ago. I'll go today and put some flowers on his grave. I can do almost anything, but watching the dirt being put on him, well... I just couldn't.

frequentflier

happy to be living
My first night without Cody sucked as much as I knew it would.....Damn
My sweet daughter took Cody to her house to bury him under the walnut trees surrounded by the daffodils my late husband planted many years ago. I'll go today and put some flowers on his grave. I can do almost anything, but watching the dirt being put on him, well... I just couldn't.
:huggy:

luvmygdaughters

On the river, I just saw this. I am so sorry for the loss of your 4-legged child, Cody. I've always said that's the only time they break our hearts. From what I've read, sounds like you had an amazing companion and a wonderful life with each other. Your memories will comfort you :huggy:

ontheriver

On the river, I just saw this. I am so sorry for the loss of your 4-legged child, Cody. I've always said that's the only time they break our hearts. From what I've read, sounds like you had an amazing companion and a wonderful life with each other. Your memories will comfort you :huggy:
Thanks for the hug and your words. Cody truly was an amazing companion and I'm SURE he loved me as much as I loved him. That's why it hurts so badly. I'd do it all over again for that love.