Just sneakin' around....
Scratch that. They just called to cancel. :buttkick:
:howdy: I can do that for you!!
images.jpg

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Not me? :ohwell: I think I am coming down with yet another illness urgh these germy children are going to kill me, LITERALLY. I got Covid 10/5 and now my partner has it this week. What gives in the 2 month gap? I maybe have it again and gave it to him? I need to be well ...... I have no energy ..... h e l p 🤒
I got viral pneumonia in January 1993 and 1994.
I think it was from one of the plague rat kids I worked with when I was youth counselor in a Before and After School Program at the Youth Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Not me? :ohwell: I think I am coming down with yet another illness urgh these germy children are going to kill me, LITERALLY. I got Covid 10/5 and now my partner has it this week. What gives in the 2 month gap? I maybe have it again and gave it to him? I need to be well ...... I have no energy ..... h e l p 🤒
You need to get more boosters. The authorities are pretty clear you won't catch the 'Rona if you get shotted and booostered.....

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Here is some awesome help and advise to help you fight your current illness, and to maintain good health, (four of many educational videos), from Dr. Berg, who btw has his practice in Alexandria VA. I cannot stress enough how accurate and important is what he teaches. Just give some it a try. The Keto, or Keto-style, way to eat and live, intermittent fasting and/or prolonged fasting, is a lifestyle diet change that will benefit you. I speak from personal experience. Watch these videos, then, look over some others and slowly start to integrate them into your life. You will be amazed at the body's ability to heal itself without the need for doctor or modern medical interventions.

BTW, eating the Keto way, simply, or better explained, is the omission of all sugars, processed foods, and refined carbohydrates from your diet. And only foods that are natural, as nature intended, in origin. But please, if you start, hopefully, give yourself and your body time to adjust. Follow it for a minimum of six months, before you start to treat yourself, in small quantities. There is no instant gratification.

Also, you may very well be extremely low on your Vitamin D levels. As I've explained in past posts to others; at around the time of the fall equinox, the sun's UVB rays, (which are responsible for the production of Vitamin D when exposed to your skin), cannot get through the atmosphere at our latitude due to the angle of the earth relative to the sun. This is when people start getting sick because their vitamin D levels start declining and is not replenished from their diet. Come the spring equinox is when the sun's UVB rays can once again penetrate the atmosphere at our latitude, then we can start to produce Vitamin D again from skin exposure. This is the reason people always get sick, every year, like clockwork. It is a natural cycle. Vitamin D being the supreme immune system booster to ward of the bugs, along with other vitamins and minerals one gets from a good natural diet. [A nifty note: That on a warm winter day, you can stand in the sun long enough to still get a sunburn, but without your skin producing Vitamin D.] I wish you well.

SamSpade

On the news, they often refer to seasons based on when they begin METEOROLOGICALLY.

Traditionally we divide the seasons by the times between solstices and equinoxes. Hence, "winter" doesn't begin untl the winter solstice, the shortest day and the longest night - December 22.

But the days have been getting shorter for six months, and the temperatures don't just PLUMMET on December 22. They've been doing that for months. There's a bit of a lead time where after 5 months of getting less light and more cold, it finally kicks in. Kind of like when you heat an oven. Sure, you could put the food in once the oven reaches the desired temperature - but it doesn't mean it's stone cold freezing two minutes' prior.

Hence - "meteorological" winter - the point where the temps get colder - which months are the coldest, which are the warmest and so on. I mean, you all SENSE that December is a winter month but technically according to the CALENDAR, it's winter for just 8-9 DAYS. The rest is autumn.

The coldest months are - December, January, February - even though MOST of March falls inside the calendar definition. Ditto warmest months - June, July and August - even though MOST of Septermber is technically "summer".

So - what's the point?

That, for all PRACTICAL reasons - today is the first day of WINTER. It really just, is.