Happy December 1!

HemiHauler

I remember learning that having a large amount of ketone bodies in your system was bad for your health. I don't want to research this now, but something about burning body fat incompletely once the liver & muscles' stored glycogen was depleted.

You might be thinking of ketoacidosis - often confused with ketosis. Ketosis is not "bad" for one's health in anyway whatsoever, except it often is associated with bad breath.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I remember learning that having a large amount of ketone bodies in your system was bad for your health. I don't want to research this now, but something about burning body fat incompletely once the liver & muscles' stored glycogen was depleted.
When one goes on a fast, yes, all ones glycogen stores are used up, from the liver, blood and muscles. After which the body will start to convert fat stores into ketones for energy. The body has a great self regulator system. Unless one is a type 1 diabetic, rarely should anyone have a problem. Here's more on ketones ....

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

As far as fasting, I get a severe headache and my body starts shaking if I don't eat for more than 12 hours so that's not a good option for me. I am a weirdo that doesn't drink Coffee and I drink hot tea with cream & sugar.

A bit more on fasting ....