Happy ending, or not?

BOP

You decide.

Man Who Slammed Trump for ‘Racist’ Immigration Policies Killed by Illegal Immigrant

A man who criticized President Donald Trump’s immigration policies in the name of progressive Christianity was killed last week by an undocumented immigrant who avoided deportation by hiding in a local “sanctuary church.”
Sean Buchanan, a father of five from Colorado Springs, was driving his motorcycle on Highway 83 when Miguel Ramirez Valiente swerved into his lane and killed him. The immigrant was charged with reckless driving with a revoked license.

Hijinx

You decide.

Man Who Slammed Trump for ‘Racist’ Immigration Policies Killed by Illegal Immigrant

A man who criticized President Donald Trump’s immigration policies in the name of progressive Christianity was killed last week by an undocumented immigrant who avoided deportation by hiding in a local “sanctuary church.”
Sean Buchanan, a father of five from Colorado Springs, was driving his motorcycle on Highway 83 when Miguel Ramirez Valiente swerved into his lane and killed him. The immigrant was charged with reckless driving with a revoked license.

Why did an illegal have a drivers license to revoke?
This is part of the reason we have illegals, we give them benefits that belong to Americans

If they are illegals they have no right to be here much less be driving around. Mostly drunk.
He should have been deported when he went to the DMV for the permit.
What other country in the world gives licenses to people who have no business being in the country.?

What do these people do for insurance?
Americans are required to have it---are they? I am asking because I don't know and wish to know.

littlelady

God bless the USA
This is part of the reason we have illegals, we give them benefits that belong to Americans

If they are illegals they have no right to be here much less be driving around. Mostly drunk.
What other country in the world gives licenses to people who have no business being in the country.?

Americans are required to have it---are they? I am asking because I don't know and wish to know.

#metoo

littlelady

God bless the USA
Story sounded like its made up, but even snopes has to admit that it is true.

Karma.

It is like it is so much of a coincidence, that it can’t be a coincidence. The sad part is that 5 children were left without a father. Life works in mysterious ways. We all have to enjoy every minute of it. Even if it means living through crap.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

BECAUSE - and this is the argument they never want to follow to its clearly full conclusion - they don't regard "illegals" as "illegal" any more.

Hence the term "undocumented IMMIGRANT". As in, an actual immigrant who hasn't completely done all the paperwork.
Hence the concept that the only reason people don't want them here is prejudicial.
Hence - this is where they bristle and hem and haw - open borders.

Sorry, but if successfully sneaking into this country grants all the benefits of citizenship, including VOTING, health benefits, education and a driver's license, it's ridiculous to claim you're not for open borders. All that means is, we're wasting our time at points of entry or catching people, because if they EVADE capture, you think they should stay.

There's but a hair's difference between a border that doesn't matter legally and an open border.
If there is any.

This_person

This is not a happy ending. Illegal activity leading to death is not a happy ending. When a raping murderer is put to death by lethal injection, that is not a happy ending.

Satisfying to the side of us that wants retribution? Yeah, probably that. But, is that our "good" nature? No, it's not.

This is no happy ending.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
This is no happy ending.

It sure isn't a happy ending. It is a heavy portion of irony though, with a hearty side of WTF tossed in for good measure.

Reminds me of the bear whisperer in Alaska that got eaten by the bears to reward his kindness and understanding of savage ursine critters in their natural habitat.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Reminds me of the bear whisperer in Alaska that got eaten by the bears to reward his kindness and understanding of savage ursine critters in their natural habitat.

I saw that as a heap'n, help'n of stupidity.

Reactions: BOP

frequentflier

happy to be living
He left behind five children that will likely be supported by the taxpayers from here on out (if we weren't already supporting them)

Clem72

Your last question is the answer to your first. At least in California, we had such an epidemic of illegal uninsured drivers that they changed the laws to allow them to get a driver's license and license their vehicles in the hopes that they would also buy insurance. I'm not sure how well it turned out as I moved away shortly after.

And I would argue that most of them are not drunk when driving. At least no more than is typical of Southern Marylanders going from my last 20 years of experience.

black dog

Free America
When a raping murderer is put to death by lethal injection, that is not a happy ending.

A happy ending would be a family member to the deceased would have been given the opportunity to place a 147 grain Hydra-Shok in the murderers medulla oblongata.

This_person

A happy ending would be a family member to the deceased would have been given the opportunity to place a 147 grain Hydra-Shok in the murderers medulla oblongata.
Satisfying to our desire for revenge, but not actually "happy", in my humble opinion.

Hijinx

Your last question is the answer to your first.. At least in California, we had such an epidemic of illegal uninsured drivers that they changed the laws to allow them to get a driver's license and license their vehicles in the hopes that they would also buy insurance I'm not sure how well it turned out as I moved away shortly after.

And I would argue that most of them are not drunk when driving. At least no more than is typical of Southern Marylanders going from my last 20 years of experience.

It seems to me the smart thing to do would have been to require insurance before a license was issued.