Happy National TV Dinner Day

SailorGirl

It was a treat for us kids. My favorite was the fried chicken and mashed potatoes. If we were good in the store while mom shopped, we'd be rewarded with a hostess pie. I'd get blueberry and my brother would get Dutch apple. Great memories.
I liked these even better - not quite as sweet. I still get a hankering for them and get a handful whenever I see them. Which isn't often thank the gods.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It was a treat for us kids. My favorite was the fried chicken and mashed potatoes. If we were good in the store while mom shopped, we'd be rewarded with a hostess pie. I'd get blueberry and my brother would get Dutch apple. Great memories.
Cherry :yay:

In all these southern states we've been in, hand pies are a thing.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I don't recall the first time I ever tried a TV dinner but I believe it was while I was attending college (1970s) and not in a dorm any longer.

Kyle

Having a Beer while the world burns!
PREMO Member
Does Hostess still make the Blackberry ones?

They were great!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
PREMO Member
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Look at the price and old school price marking. Used one of those back in my grocery store days (circa 1975) ☮
I noticed that right off and wondered how many people on the forums even knew how the price was put there. I toted groceries at Mattingly's IGA in '78-80.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Look at the price and old school price marking. Used one of those back in my grocery store days (circa 1975) ☮
Why I chose the picture as I had flashbacks. :lol: I can still remember the "cha-chunk" those things made. Simpler times indeed. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I've used one of those, too, plus one with the little pop-up display signs. But @Airgasm and I were talking about the manual grocery store stampers like this:

They made a distinctive "cha-chunk" each time as the rollers descended and the stamping surface connected with the product. I can still hear that sound in my head. :lol:

PeoplesElbow

Cherry :yay:

In all these southern states we've been in, hand pies are a thing.
The amish area of Ohio has something they call fry pies, they are basically the same thing as the hostess pies just better, they are also very very popular. The stores have huge displays and probably 25 different kinds.