Happyappy's fole

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
When was the fole due???Don't you worry about her??? i don't really know anything about foles or colt's..I hope the fole comes soon... ~Z~

J

jaybeeztoo

horsesrock93 said:
When was the fole due???Don't you worry about her??? i don't really know anything about foles or colt's..I hope the fole comes soon... ~Z~

Foal sweetie :huggy:

I have no clue when the foal is due, but when it does come, I'm sure HappyAppy will let us know. :yay:

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
jaybeeztoo said:
Foal sweetie :huggy:

I have no clue when the foal is due, but when it does come, I'm sure HappyAppy will let us know. :yay:

spelling is not one of my best classes. the mare is at Percy's place she said she would call us... :huggy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
horsesrock93 said:
spelling is not one of my best classes. the mare is at Percy's place she said she would call us... :huggy:

Jan 11th was 340 days by the breeding date. Percy says she can see/feel her moving in momma's BIG tummy so we know she's still OK in there.

The average duration of gestation is anywhere between 320 and 370 days - so that mare which is at 345 days is not "overdue", but well within the normal range! The foaling date is picked by the foal who dictates that he or she is sufficiently developed and ready to be born, not by the mare who is watching the calendar on the wall!

http://www.equine-reproduction.com/articles/overdue.shtml

Hey Percy!

The best indicator pf paturation consists of the inspection of a few drops of the mare's milk once a day. I always attempt to carry out this process at about the same time each evening - usually feed time. Milk out a drop or two from the mare onto a black plastic surface (you really do only need a drop or two!). A watch strap was suggested to me originally, but I have found that the black plastic top of a 35 mm photographic film container works even better.

Well prior to parturition, the exudate will appear slightly white or yellowy, and one is easily able to see the black plastic below through the liquid. Within the 24 hours prior to the mare giving birth, the liquid will become almost opaque, and it will be very hard to see the black plastic. You may well also notice what appear to be large white granules in the liquid. It will probably take at least one foaling to be able to identify the difference, but once you've seen it, there's no mistaking it!
http://www.equine-reproduction.com/articles/predicting.htm

So go squeeze some ninnies :lol:

Last edited:

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
mingiz said:
Just look for waxing on the teats. That's a usual sign also.

When she says "waxing" she means waxing. It looks like they've been dipped in wax (yellowish, beehive wax) -- from my limited experience. :howdy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Kinda acts as a stopper for the first sips :coffee: saves the important milk the baby needs first for the antibodies. But every mare is different. I have seen some that don't even wax up. Bam there is is..... :lmao:

MorganLover

I was really hoping she would foal while i was there visiting, but i am sure she will do it tonight because i didn not stay another night. Her belly is HUGE though i have NO idea how they keep those babies in there as big as they are when they come out. MAN lol.

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
:howdy: well now i know a little more than i knew before.... i have seen dogs be born but not horses,cats or anything elts... :huggy: ~*Z*~ :huggy:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
happyappygirl said:
The average duration of gestation is anywhere between 320 and 370 days - so that mare which is at 345 days is not "overdue", but well within the normal range! The foaling date is picked by the foal who dictates that he or she is sufficiently developed and ready to be born, not by the mare who is watching the calendar on the wall!

We've had 10 foals born and all the mares would foal within the 340-345 days...all except Fancy who had 3 foals and carried them 368-373 days.
She would look like she was going to pop. With the 1st foal I was freaking out and had the vet out who assured me all was well. The following 2 pregnancies were the same duration and apparently typical for her. Another odd thing was that she foaled during the late afternoon with all 3, whereas the other mares foaled during the night. Except for one of Cheyenne's pregnacies :jameo: when her foal decided to come on Easter evening. Plumloco and I got to watch the foal be born. What an experience.

mingiz

Horse Poor
mygoldnhorse said:
We've had 10 foals born and all the mares would foal within the 340-345 days...all except Fancy who had 3 foals and carried them 368-373 days.
She would look like she was going to pop. With the 1st foal I was freaking out and had the vet out who assured me all was well. The following 2 pregnancies were the same duration and apparently typical for her. Another odd thing was that she foaled during the late afternoon with all 3, whereas the other mares foaled during the night. Except for one of Cheyenne's pregnacies :jameo: when her foal decided to come on Easter evening. Plumloco and I got to watch the foal be born. What an experience.

Yea I have helped deliver a few. It's neat but then it can be sad...My happiest was my ssh filly being born..The saddest i seen was the mare went into labor and when we got there in the am the foal was 1/2 way out but 2 big to pass the hips. Took two of us to get the foal out and we lost the mare due to the foal tearing her up internally. Then foal was hand raised and grew up a total idiot. The thing that really made me mad was the owner knew she was due and lived right there and never checked her.

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
mingiz said:
Yea I have helped deliver a few. It's neat but then it can be sad...My happiest was my ssh filly being born..The saddest i seen was the mare went into labor and when we got there in the am the foal was 1/2 way out but 2 big to pass the hips. Took two of us to get the foal out and we lost the mare due to the foal tearing her up internally. Then foal was hand raised and grew up a total idiot. The thing that really made me mad was the owner knew she was due and lived right there and never checked her.

that is sad..

MorganLover

Well looks like Happyappy and prissimon aren't going to be home so she'll foal saturday while they are at the expo. FIGURES haha. wish i could go, but no mon no fun lol. (no money hehe.)

mingiz

Horse Poor
MorganLover said:
Well looks like Happyappy and prissimon aren't going to be home so she'll foal saturday while they are at the expo. FIGURES haha. wish i could go, but no mon no fun lol. (no money hehe.)

I will think of you sitting at home all weekend broke..... :huggy: Cause I'll be there too.... :lmao: