Harley and BMW announce their first child

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The Pan America 1250

You want bags? They have bags!

glhs837

Power with Control
So, what proportion of these will see real dirt? Even the BMW guys mock the GS crowd, who like Jeepers, a massive majority never use the vehicle that way. But hey, it will sell. I saw they did away with the entry models, so stuff like this is the only way to attract younger riders. Not sure it will work any better than the Livewire. They seem to have a million paths forward, but they cant seem to stay commited.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I like it. But I won't be buying one this late in life.. My wife had a BMW GS650 with hard bags and took it on some pretty epic trips through the PNW, Canadian rockies etc. But she sold it after she moved here and bought a HD Dyna instead. Nowhere to ride the GS.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
So, what proportion of these will see real dirt? Even the BMW guys mock the GS crowd, who like Jeepers, a massive majority never use the vehicle that way. But hey, it will sell. I saw they did away with the entry models, so stuff like this is the only way to attract younger riders. Not sure it will work any better than the Livewire. They seem to have a million paths forward, but they cant seem to stay commited.

Wille stopped being comitted when he and Eric split. When working well together they built some pretty impressive motorcycles. I will say out here that style of motorcycles are pretty popular in the touring/off road crowd.
For 18 grand I would rather have a new 114ci Low Rider.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
"Harley and BMW announce their first child"
There's a joke in there somewhere about whether it's a boy or girl. Or something in-between....