Harris-perry: You have ‘right’ to health care, dec

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
HARRIS-PERRY: YOU HAVE ‘RIGHT’ TO HEALTH CARE, DECENT HOUSING, AND ‘QUALITY FOOD AT ALL TIMES’

MSNBC came under fire this week for a promotional video where host Melissa Harris-Perry explained that we need to “break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents” and recognize that “kids belong to whole communities.” Now, critics are again raising concern with yet another controversial promo for Harris-Perry’s show.

Speaking outside on a sunny day, Harris-Perry says in an ad that aired Wednesday morning:

Americans will always want some level of inequality, because it’s a representation of meritocracy. People who work hard and sacrifice and save their money and make major contributions — we think that they should earn a little more. They should have more resources, and that’s fine. But we also, however, have to have a floor under which nobody falls. And if you’re below that — especially if you’re a child and you’re below that — we are not going to accept that. You do have the the right to health care, and to education, and to decent housing and to quality food at all times. ​[Emphasis added]

I wonder where this is in the Constitution ?

Vince

You do have the the right pay for your health care, and to ensure your kids get an education, and the right to pay for your own dayum house and to pay for your own dayum food. You have the right to go and get a dayum job to do all the above.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Melissa Harris-Perry is becoming the new Keith Olbermann in the sense that I don't agree with her on many things or like her show but I thoroughly enjoy watching her pluck the righties' feathers. :lol:

She's a nobody who hosts some show that nobody watches on Sunday mornings unless they're heading to the medicine cabinet to get Advil for their hangover. Yet the righties sure get butthurt over her.

bcp

In My Opinion
When they said you have the right to pursue happiness, they didn't actually mean that you had the right to achieve it.
If that was a right, I would be rich like Bill Gates, pay no tax and would have become that way without inheritance or working.

bcp

In My Opinion
Melissa Harris-Perry is becoming the new Keith Olbermann in the sense that I don't agree with her on many things or like her show but I thoroughly enjoy watching her pluck the righties' feathers. :lol:

She's a nobody who hosts some show that nobody watches on Sunday mornings unless they're heading to the medicine cabinet to get Advil for their hangover. Yet the righties sure get butthurt over her.

She has a way to go before she reaches the level of feather plucking that Rush has achieved.

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
You do have the the right pay for your health care, and to ensure your kids get an education, and the right to pay for your own dayum house and to pay for your own dayum food. You have the right to go and get a dayum job to do all the above.

Exactly. There is a right to health care, just as there is a right to anything you can procure with your own money.

While we're at it, there's nothing in the Constitution that gives the goobermint a higher claim on my income for anything, much less healthcare for all.

DipStick

She has a way to go before she reaches the level of feather plucking that Rush has achieved.

Not really. Rush has influence in the GOP. They get their talking points from him and millions of people listen to him. MHP is nobody, nothing. She airs a crappy show at a crappy timeslot on a network that righties say nobody watches. Yet you guys get so fluffed up about everything on MSNBC.

SamSpade

Not really. Rush has influence in the GOP. They get their talking points from him

Well that's scary. If you listen to Rush, he gets almost half his stuff straight off of Drudge. Occasionally when he gets stuff wrong I want to shout at his staff and say "corroborate this stuff, dammit! I already know that news is old, and I'm nowhere near the Internet" (in the car).

bcp

In My Opinion
Progs think we all blindly follow Rush, like they follow the Party

I can honestly say that I have never listened to Rush.
Ed Schultz on the other hand, I used to listen to him every day on the way home from work. Now he is a freaking nut case of major proportion.

Crashpupty

havoc is havoc
Not really. Rush has influence in the GOP. They get their talking points from him and millions of people listen to him. MHP is nobody, nothing. She airs a crappy show at a crappy timeslot on a network that righties say nobody watches. Yet you guys get so fluffed up about everything on MSNBC.

I think you give Rush more credit than you should. Half of the people listening to Rush and Left Wingnuts that can't wait for him to say something on the radio. MSNBC gives air time to way left extremes and of course we will watch and do the same thing the left does. Rush does not represent the Republican Party, but she speaks Obamanese and seems to represent the Democratic Party objectives. She is on TV on a major News Network and Rush is on the Radio. She says what the Left wants to hear and Rush does not. If Rush and Glenn Beck were brought to Fox News with their own shows the Lefties would scream bloody murder, but they would watch every show and end up boosting their ratings and complaining about everything said and demand they stop. Free speech is free speech. If you don't like it then don't listen aw but if you don't listen then what do you have to complain about. The political Madness needs to stop and people should research and make up their own minds and not depend on Pawns on radio or TV to make it up for them.

MSNBC could have found someone better....cute but I am not found of the lisp or anything else coming out of her mouth.

Rush is just made for radio. Fat, ugly , obnoxious and who listens to that much radio anymore.

DipStick

I can honestly say that I have never listened to Rush.
Ed Schultz on the other hand, I used to listen to him every day on the way home from work. Now he is a freaking nut case of major proportion.

I've never listened to his radio show and his TV show was cancelled.

DipStick

I think you give Rush more credit than you should. Half of the people listening to Rush and Left Wingnuts that can't wait for him to say something on the radio. MSNBC gives air time to way left extremes and of course we will watch and do the same thing the left does. Rush does not represent the Republican Party, but she speaks Obamanese and seems to represent the Democratic Party objectives. She is on TV on a major News Network and Rush is on the Radio. She says what the Left wants to hear and Rush does not. If Rush and Glenn Beck were brought to Fox News with their own shows the Lefties would scream bloody murder, but they would watch every show and end up boosting their ratings and complaining about everything said and demand they stop. Free speech is free speech. If you don't like it then don't listen aw but if you don't listen then what do you have to complain about. The political Madness needs to stop and people should research and make up their own minds and not depend on Pawns on radio or TV to make it up for them.

MSNBC could have found someone better....cute but I am not found of the lisp or anything else coming out of her mouth.

Rush is just made for radio. Fat, ugly , obnoxious and who listens to that much radio anymore.

MSNBC doesn't play the eye candy game FOX and CNN play. Wish they would though, I'd much rather watch someone like Abby Huntsman or Ana Kasparian :hot:.

Regardless, I'll stick with Erin Burnett :hot::hot:

Crashpupty

havoc is havoc
MSNBC doesn't play the eye candy game FOX and CNN play. Wish they would though, I'd much rather watch someone like Abby Huntsman or Ana Kasparian :hot:.

Regardless, I'll stick with Erin Burnett :hot::hot:

So Fox is playing the right wing extremist eye candy show? Hmm but I can see from your post you watch the other networks and only form your opinions from MSNBC and wish they had hotter chicks. So do you mute the tv when surfing for hot chicks

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Melissa Harris-Perry: We ‘have a right to impinge on individual freedoms’ for ‘common good’

MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry, responding to a backlash for a promo she recently appeared in, doubled down Monday on her claims that children do not belong solely to their parents.
“This isn’t about me wanting to take your kids, and this isn’t even about whether children are property,” she said. “This is about whether we as a society, expressing our collective will through our public institutions, including our government, have a right to impinge on individual freedoms in order to advance a common good. And that is exactly the fight that we have been having for a couple hundred years.”
The MSNBC host has been thrust into the spotlight lately for a network promotion she appeared in, claiming that kids belong to whole communities.
“We’ve always had kind of a private notion of children. Your kid is yours, and your responsibility,” she says in the ad. “We haven’t had a very collective notion of ‘These are our children.’ So part of it is we have to break through our kind of private idea that ‘kids belong to their parents’ or ‘kids belong to their families,’ and recognize that kids belong to whole communities.”