Harry Nice Bridge

snowygirl

Anyone know the busy times for the bridge? I looked it up online but couldn’t find anything. Specifically on a Tuesday mid morning? Thanks

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Anyone know the busy times for the bridge? I looked it up online but couldn’t find anything. Specifically on a Tuesday mid morning? Thanks
Tuesday mid morning shouldn't be too bad. The busiest I've seen it Northbound is Sunday afternoon and evening. Any weekday morning before around 10:00 Southbound sucks. I breezed across at about 6:30 this morning and returned about 15 minutes later and it was a typical Saturday morning.

snowygirl

Tuesday mid morning shouldn't be too bad. The busiest I've seen it Northbound is Sunday afternoon and evening. Any weekday morning before around 10:00 Southbound sucks. I breezed across at about 6:30 this morning and returned about 15 minutes later and it was a typical Saturday morning.
Great thank you

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I crossed the Nice bridge last Saturday morning and it didn't look nearly that far along. Thanks for posting.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

A friend of mine posted a video of the progress on the Harry Nice/Middleton Bridge.
There is no sound, but some great footage of what has been done as of late August.

Too bad, and unfortunately, that is not great footage of the Solomons bridge replacement.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I forget. After the new span is completed, are they repairing/upgrading the old span so we have a 3+2 crossing like the Bay Bridge?

stgislander

PREMO Member
No. Tearing it down to make a reef.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Using the materials to make a reef at point no point from what I hear.
Sure hope that area will be well marked. Imagine all the trolling rigs getting snagged. Would be a bonanza for scuba divers though.

Last edited: