Has anyone been to the Fillmore in Silver Spring?

MR47930

Went there a few years ago for a comedy show and it was over around midnight.. took the metro back to my place in Arlington with my fiancé. I would not want to be in that metro station alone if I were female. I got badgered for money by some shady looking characters a few times. The venue itself was pretty nice. Just don't go wandering around after the show if its a late exit.

Homer J

Power Chord
My daughter has been there a couple of times. She doesn't really care for the general admission, no reserved seating thing but she says it is easy to get too and easy to get away when the show is over.

tuffenuff2

We are going up for a concert that starts at 8pm. Doors open at 7pm. Are there restaurants in the area so we can have dinner before hand? Where is the parking?

Hank

my war
We are going up for a concert that starts at 8pm. Doors open at 7pm. Are there restaurants in the area so we can have dinner before hand? Where is the parking?

Park on the street or there is a parking garage on the next block up on Cameron St.

tuffenuff2

Thanks. Great info.

Concert was great. Found a parking garage right across the street from The Fillmore and it 's free on the weekend. Ate at the Thai restauarant right next door to it,delicious. Lots of restaurants in the area. We paid an extra $20 as we entered to get balcony seats so we could get a better view and so we could sit if we wanted- we ended up standing anyway apart from when the bands were switching. We would definitely go back!!!!!