Has anyone noticed...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
...that there are a disproportionate number of celebrities who are getting sick and/or dying of coronavirus?

limblips

PREMO Member
I mentioned that to the wife last night. I wonder if they self-diagnosed or have been tested? Or are they doing a Greta thing to appear relevant and garner attention? If they were tested, how did they all manage to get a test when there is supposed to be a shortage? Me thinks we are seeing Hollywood privelege.

Because celebrities, as a percentage of their population, are making up a disproportionate number of cvirus illnesses and deaths.
But are they really? I see it that it just seems that way because you are hearing about them. You aren't hearing about the ones not being added to the counts. Have you noticed the wording that has been added to the counts per county? When they just increased Calverts official positive count to 14 they added that it does not include the count of those known to be sick but not tested. They stated the same when they bumped up St. Marys. Our numbers are much higher so it's only reasonable to assume theirs are too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But are they really? I see it that it just seems that way because you are hearing about them. You aren't hearing about the ones not being added to the counts. Have you noticed the wording that has been added to the counts per county? When they just increased Calverts official positive count to 14 they added that it does not include the count of those known to be sick but not tested. They stated the same when they bumped up St. Marys. Our numbers are much higher so it's only reasonable to assume theirs are too.

Like 5 celebrities died just today, from what I gleaned on the news sites.

What do you suppose celebrities are, maybe 2% of the population?

Also, let us remember that the more people they test, the more positive cases they will find. That's just common sense.

Like 5 celebrities died just today, from what I gleaned on the news sites.

What do you suppose celebrities are, maybe 2% of the population?

Also, let us remember that the more people they test, the more positive cases they will find. That's just common sense.
But there are a large number they aren't testing so they aren't being counted. They have also been telling us to expect this explosion in the US numbers. What is the latest estimate for NY? A death every 19 minutes or something like that. California is a big ole soup pot of COVID19 just a bubbling. Heck Louisiana is starting to join the party now. They just added 68 deaths to the counts today. Yes it's a small number but it is matching the predicted trend.

I see the celebrity deaths as being a window of what's going on. An illness that can't be treated is the great equalizer.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What is the latest estimate for NY?A death every 19 minutes or something like that.

Awesome! That means in a month or so the whole population of NYC will be wiped out!

So far we have not even come remotely close to seasonal flu death numbers. (That number is 10,000 a year, btw, and that is EVERY year) If this virus wants to live up to its hype it better step up its game.

herb749

Awesome! That means in a month or so the whole population of NYC will be wiped out!

So far we have not even come remotely close to seasonal flu death numbers. (That number is 10,000 a year, btw, and that is EVERY year) If this virus wants to live up to its hype it better step up its game.

61,000 died during the 17-18 flu season. Oct-April.?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No, I hadn't noticed. Who died?

Joe Diffie just yesterday. And some other movie person who I'd never heard of.

Search for "celebrities who died of coronavirus" and there will be a partial list. And according to their Twitter feeds, pretty much every celebrity has tested positive. John Prine is in critical condition and probably won't make it.

What's interesting is that John Prine had part of his lung removed from cancer a few years ago, yet the news stories are largely not mentioning that part.

Clem72

I see the celebrity deaths as being a window of what's going on. An illness that can't be treated is the great equalizer.

Well that's hardly true. While you and I may have to hope for an open bed and a ventilator if it comes to that, a rich person can afford to go to a private clinic/wellness center or purchase a non-medically approved ventilator and hire a nurse to run it and keep them comfortable. That upps their odds quite a bit.

Auntie Biache'

Joe Diffie just yesterday. And some other movie person who I'd never heard of.

Search for "celebrities who died of coronavirus" and there will be a partial list. And according to their Twitter feeds, pretty much every celebrity has tested positive. John Prine is in critical condition and probably won't make it.

What's interesting is that John Prine had part of his lung removed from cancer a few years ago, yet the news stories are largely not mentioning that part.

Hmmm...the only one I recognized was Mark Blum, and then only because they said what he was in. He's kind of obscure, at least for me. I've never heard of any of the others.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hmmm...the only one I recognized was Mark Blum, and then only because they said what he was in. He's kind of obscure, at least for me. I've never heard of any of the others.

Google Joe Diffie and you'll recognize many of his songs. John Prine is kind of a niche guy, but still quite well-known.