Has Obama pushed the Steelers to sell?

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Immaculate Reception meets Ridiculous Redistribution.

A true life sports story that illustrates the absurdity of Obama's tax policy.

The complicated tax implications for succession, in combination with NFL ownership rules, have forced the last of the family-owned major sports franchises into a bitter battle. The Wall Street Journal and CNBC both look at the potential sale of the Pittsburgh Steelers, which has been in the hands of the Rooneys since joining the NFL in 1933. The implications of a Barack Obama presidency and his policy on capital-gains tax rates may force the Rooneys to unload the team.

B

Bruzilla

That's quite a stretch of a story! Dan Rooney is paying a price for screwing over Art Jr. years ago, so I don't feel sorry for him at all. Dan went and made his son Art II President of the team, and the team has been making bad business decisions ever since.

I would like to see Stanley Druckenmiller buy the team. He's a billionaire, a native Pittsburgher, and attends every homegame... often with his face painted black and gold. Sounds like a true Steeler die hard. As for tossing Bettis under the bus, he did that himself with that book he wrote. I read that and took my framed Bettis jersey off the wall in my rec room.

D

Dixie

Immaculate Reception meets Ridiculous Redistribution.

A true life sports story that illustrates the absurdity of Obama's tax policy.

The complicated tax implications for succession, in combination with NFL ownership rules, have forced the last of the family-owned major sports franchises into a bitter battle. The Wall Street Journal and CNBC both look at the potential sale of the Pittsburgh Steelers, which has been in the hands of the Rooneys since joining the NFL in 1933. The implications of a Barack Obama presidency and his policy on capital-gains tax rates may force the Rooneys to unload the team.

Side Note and it's all about the Steelers

Steeler fan forums are trashing McCain for claiming that when he was a POW he would tell his captors the names of the starting defensive line of the Steelers. In his book it's the GB Packers. The Steelers defensive line that McCain was referring to was Mean Joe L.C. and didn't become famous until McCain was out of Vietnam. Happened while speaking to a reporter in Pittsburgh. Having difficulty attaching the article.

Last edited by a moderator:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
That's quite a stretch of a story! Dan Rooney is paying a price for screwing over Art Jr. years ago, so I don't feel sorry for him at all. Dan went and made his son Art II President of the team, and the team has been making bad business decisions ever since.

I would like to see Stanley Druckenmiller buy the team. He's a billionaire, a native Pittsburgher, and attends every homegame... often with his face painted black and gold. Sounds like a true Steeler die hard. As for tossing Bettis under the bus, he did that himself with that book he wrote. I read that and took my framed Bettis jersey off the wall in my rec room.

Bettis wrote a book?? He could barely speak English or use words with more than 2 syllables, and he writes a book??:lmao:

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
Note the comments. None about the tax effects currently law or proposed tax changes. It's all about the personalities of who currently owns or who should buy the team.

Perhaps I expect too much.

B

Bruzilla

Note the comments. None about the tax effects currently law or proposed tax changes. It's all about the personalities of who currently owns or who should buy the team.

Perhaps I expect too much.

That's because the tax issue is irrelevant and nothing but a thinly veiled attempt at a hit on Obama. I don't much care for Dan Rooney or his son, but I'm sure all the Rooneys are smart enough to shelter their capital gains and reinvest their income so they won't be paying any tax on it. So anyone with half a brain knows the Rooneys aren't losing a second of sleep worrying about what Obama might push for next year.

B

Bruzilla

Side Note and it's all about the Steelers

Steeler fan forums are trashing McCain for claiming that when he was a POW he would tell his captors the names of the starting defensive line of the Steelers. In his book it's the GB Packers. The Steelers defensive line that McCain was referring to was Mean Joe L.C. and didn't become famous until McCain was out of Vietnam. Happened while speaking to a reporter in Pittsburgh. Having difficulty attaching the article.

I guess that makes that story a double lie. Reading the transcript of the Barral interview, McCain was discussing the chain-of-command in the Pacific, and he damn sure wasn't using the names of any football players. Why would he go and discuss all the players in the Chain of Command with his captors, and then try to "fool" them by giving them the names of the Packers? Maybe Bud Day can explain provide that explanation... he's the only POW who seems to want to defend McCain.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
I guess that makes that story a double lie. Reading the transcript of the Barral interview, McCain was discussing the chain-of-command in the Pacific, and he damn sure wasn't using the names of any football players. Why would he go and discuss all the players in the Chain of Command with his captors, and then try to "fool" them by giving them the names of the Packers? Maybe Bud Day can explain provide that explanation... he's the only POW who seems to want to defend McCain.

Never heard of Orson Swindle Bru?

Guess that makes two POWs.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
That's because the tax issue is irrelevant and nothing but a thinly veiled attempt at a hit on Obama. I don't much care for Dan Rooney or his son, but I'm sure all the Rooneys are smart enough to shelter their capital gains and reinvest their income so they won't be paying any tax on it. So anyone with half a brain knows the Rooneys aren't losing a second of sleep worrying about what Obama might push for next year.

Tax policy has consequences. I'm sure the Rooneys aren't going to be affected much either way.

It was an example for sports fans of what the average person can expect from a change in tax policy.

Sorry it went over your head.