Has Obamacare spurred the growth of overdose deaths?

Hijinx

At most, patients are subjected to a small copayment, sometimes as low as one dollar for 240 opioid pills; in 12 states, adults on Medicaid pay nothing at all for prescription drugs. The street price of those drugs, meanwhile, can be quite high: The report states that those 240 pills could sell for as much as $4,000.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usne...amacare-driving-opioid-epidemic-senate-report

You folks argue this out. But the article seems to have some good points.
Unintended Consequences?

BernieP

Resident PIA
You can't blame addiction on anything but the mental health of the addict.
Doing so is like blaming alcoholism on alcohol.

If the politicians want to sue, ban and otherwise attack doctors and drug manufacturers they should then consider putting prohibition back on the books as well.

It's a mental health disease.

Start treating it as such.

black dog

Free America
You can't blame addiction on anything but the mental health of the addict.
Doing so is like blaming alcoholism on alcohol.

If the politicians want to sue, ban and otherwise attack doctors and drug manufacturers they should then consider putting prohibition back on the books as well.

It's a mental health disease.

Start treating it as such.

There's some here who think that it's not the addicts fault for being a addict.
smoke.gif
coke-sniff.gif

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Obama had a lot of unintended consequences attached to his presidency. Stuff like BLM, AntiFa, Syrian migrants flooding Europe, civil unrest, pervs hanging out in ladies rooms, increase in ammo prices, cop shootings, curbing of conservative voices on campuses. He's the reverse king midas.

officeguy

I don't think it has spurred the OD deaths. I do think it has increased the availability of prescription opiates in the diversion market.

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
Yeah, addiction is the biggest secret!! DUH. It sure is the addicts fault. IF YOU DON'T USE ADDICTIVE DRUGS, YOU CAN'T GET ADDICTED!! That's a fact!!!

Last edited:

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
Obama had a lot of unintended consequences attached to his presidency. Stuff like BLM, AntiFa, Syrian migrants flooding Europe, civil unrest, pervs hanging out in ladies rooms, increase in ammo prices, cop shootings, curbing of conservative voices on campuses. He's the reverse king midas.

Yeah, he had not intended for the drugs coming for 3rd world countrys to come filled will deadly other drugs. That is a tatic of them to overcome our country. Along with the pharm. company's grubby money making intent to make more money for them selves.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Yeah, addiction is the biggest secret!! DUH. It sure is the addicts fault. IF YOU DON'T USE ADDICTIVE DRUGS, YOU CAN'T GET ADDICTED!! That's a fact!!!

yep, there's always alcohol, legal to buy, legal to use, and readily available almost 24/7
Do people blame alcohol or the manufacturer for alcoholism?

People become addicted to all sorts of things. Some just happen to be more dangerous than others.

Hijinx

yep, there's always alcohol, legal to buy, legal to use, and readily available almost 24/7
Do people blame alcohol or the manufacturer for alcoholism?

People become addicted to all sorts of things. Some just happen to be more dangerous than others.

If I was going to get addicted, I would pick sex.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
A lot of people out there need to get addicted to work.

Going to work, staying out of jail, raising your kids, making sure said kids do well in school are all part of that privilege movement I hear about from time to time from the race baiters.

Your idea would be fantastic but for some it's just as real as the tooth fairy.