Has Sweden Found the Right Solution to the Coronavirus?

BOP

This is, in fact, the first time we have quarantined healthy people rather than quarantining the sick and vulnerable. As Fredrik Erixon, the director of the European Centre for International Political Economy in Brussels, wrote in The Spectator (U.K.) last week: “The theory of lockdown, after all, is pretty niche, deeply illiberal — and, until now, untested. It’s not Sweden that’s conducting a mass experiment. It’s everyone else.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Scale .... what works for a country with a population of 10 million does mean that same solution will work for a population of 360 million

phreddyp

Scale .... what works for a country with a population of 10 million does mean that same solution will work for a population of 360 million
Really 10 million in a country the size of approx. California vs 360 million in the whole United States I'm flabbergasted Charlie !

BOP

I'll have to email my cousin, who lives in Sweden, but I'll bet the number of people who live in the cities verses those who live in the more rural areas are roughly the same in both countries. He'll probably know, since he came here back in the day to go to college.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'll have to email my cousin, who lives in Sweden, but I'll bet the number of people who live in the cities verses those who live in the more rural areas are roughly the same in both countries. He'll probably know, since he came here back in the day to go to college.
Does he live in St Olaf?

Tech

From this site and extrapolate MD population to match Sweden population, their infection numbers are almost twice ours and fatalities are triple.

WingsOfGold

This pretty much sums up their largest city. The metro area is far less populated than Balto/Wash and it consist of several islands. inshort FAR EASIER to defend than most any large area here.

Stockholm (Swedish pronunciation: [ˈstɔ̂kː(h)ɔlm] ( About this sound listen))[8] is the capital and most populous urban area of Sweden. 972,647 people live in the municipality,[9] approximately 1.6 million in the urban area,[5] and 2.4 million in the metropolitan area.[10] The city stretches across fourteen islands where Lake Mälaren flows into the Baltic Sea. Outside the city to the east, and along the coast, is the island chain of the Stockholm archipelago.