Has the curse been lifted?

tirdun

staring into the abyss
I'm tired of the Red Sox and their scapegoat curse. The team doesn't win because they don't win, its not the fault of some long dead team-mate or their fruitless efforts to exorcise his ghost. The Cubs haven't won in a century, other teams have had long losing streaks. There have been tons of last second chokes. The Yankees aren't the top dogs because Babe Ruth blessed them, they're top because they have the market to spend more money on their team.

Red Sox fans want some convenient out on why their team lost, and sorry, but it doesn't wash anymore. I don't follow MLB (not since the strike, good bye!), and neither this poor kid nor all the other asinie stunts deserve to be on national news just because it somehow connects to the Red Sox and their inability to win at crunch time. Hey, I've got all sorts of teams that I want to see win. From my kid's soccer team to DC United and so on. When they lose, I don't whine about a player trade that happened EIGHTY years ago!

Its a crutch, its a scapegoat, its nonsense. Boston needs to accept the fact that sports teams lose because that's the nature of sports.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
tirdun said:
The Yankees aren't the top dogs because Babe Ruth blessed them, they're top because they have the market to spend more money on their team.
I'm not a Sox fan, and you're right about the Yankees' success. I've written here before about my thoughts on baseball's (lack of) revenue sharing.

Plus, it was the players' union that prevented A.Rod from going to the Sox instead of the Yankees. Their justification? The lesser salary from the Sox would make it harder for other top players to be paid "what they're worth." :barf:

tirdun

staring into the abyss
I'm all for an open market, but its getting ridiculous. Ah well, I stopped watching MLB and NBA after their strikes, so it doesn't much matter anymore. :flush: