Have an odd eating habit?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
When I was younger and working on charter boats, I'd power through a can of potted meat with Nacho Cheese Doritos on our way out to the middle grounds. The looks I got from some of our seasick customers were pretty spectacular.

:lmao:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Ketchup with my grilled cheese sandwich. I love mayo like Chasey does, lots of it on a sandwich, or burger! (on a burger: top bun has ketchup, bottom bun has mustard, mayo goes on top of the burger!)

I don't like "mixing cultures" of food. For example: Mexican spaghetti, chili macaroni & cheese, etc.

I don't eat seafood mixed in other dishes. (even soup) For example: I like fried fish, but not fish tacos. I love spiced, steamed shrimp - but not mixed in a dish with sauces & pasta, rice, etc. I won't eat crab imperial, crab topped over a steak, etc.

The ONLY seafood I will eat mixed is (Maryland) crab cakes & sometimes a crab dip. Otherwise, all seafood has to be eaten by itself.

RPMDAD

When I was younger and working on charter boats, I'd power through a can of potted meat with Nacho Cheese Doritos on our way out to the middle grounds. The looks I got from some of our seasick customers were pretty spectacular.

When i used to mate on a charter boat, it was always saltine crackers and spam. The Captain always did canned sardines.

BOP

We all have a little quirk of some sort that others see as stepping over the line of normal. My family and friends don't understand my love of 'burned'. That's right and I'm not talking a great recipe for Blackened Fish or Chicken.

I liked that charred taste on my toast, waffles and don't bring me my hot dog off the grill till its split open, skin separating and black on the edges. Don't get me wrong, I don't like everything burned but I do scrape the outer edge of casserole dishes to get my serving. Lasagna burnt edge cheese is to me what caviar is to the rich. Grilled cheese sandwich has to be dark, with crust almost black and middle turning. Yum!

I had a friend when I was in high school that put yellow mustard on his popcorn. I never judged. lol

:coffee:

I'm with you on the hot dogs and the grilled cheese. Oh, and marshmallows, though it's been years since I had marshmallows.

The rest of the stuff, not so much.

BOP

Ketchup with my grilled cheese sandwich. I love mayo like Chasey does, lots of it on a sandwich, or burger! (on a burger: top bun has ketchup, bottom bun has mustard, mayo goes on top of the burger!)

I don't like "mixing cultures" of food. For example: Mexican spaghetti, chili macaroni & cheese, etc.

I don't eat seafood mixed in other dishes. (even soup) For example: I like fried fish, but not fish tacos. I love spiced, steamed shrimp - but not mixed in a dish with sauces & pasta, rice, etc. I won't eat crab imperial, crab topped over a steak, etc.

The ONLY seafood I will eat mixed is (Maryland) crab cakes & sometimes a crab dip. Otherwise, all seafood has to be eaten by itself.

Try mayo on untoasted bread (both sides, natch), with 2 slices of your favorite cheese. Mmmmm....

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I order a turkey burger every-so-often from a place down the street. They are instructed to put the burger and the condiments I get with it in one container and wrap the toasted bun in foil. If the burger and condiments sit on the bun, the bun gets soggy and me no like soggy buns. :ohwell:

KDENISE977

Grew up on grape jelly and American cheese sammiches.

Recently have a LOVE for mayo, especially on turkey sammich or cheeseburger with ketchup.

Love loaded baked potato with baked beans on top, favorite being from Smokey Bones.

Steak MUST be rare, and preferably Pittsburgh rare :drool: and if you have to add steak sauce, I may as well just not eat it :nono:

:buddies:

Hank

my war
Grew up on grape jelly and American cheese sammiches.

Recently have a LOVE for mayo, especially on turkey sammich or cheeseburger with ketchup.

Love loaded baked potato with baked beans on top, favorite being from Smokey Bones.

Steak MUST be rare, and preferably Pittsburgh rare :drool: and if you have to add steak sauce, I may as well just not eat it :nono:

:buddies:

Throw some peanut butter on that jelly and cheese.... so good.

pelers

I like my bacon to be what some people consider charred. If I can drop it and it doesn't shatter... it's not done enough.

I like to dip french fries in tartar sauce.

Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are quite tasty.

My guilty comfort food is puffy Cheetos, nacho cheese Doritos or cheese nips dipped in Frito lay jalapeno cheese sauce.

Roman

I like my bacon to be what some people consider charred. If I can drop it and it doesn't shatter... it's not done enough.

I like to dip french fries in tartar sauce.

Peanut butter and pickle sandwiches are quite tasty.

My guilty comfort food is puffy Cheetos, nacho cheese Doritos or cheese nips dipped in Frito lay jalapeno cheese sauce.
I sprinkle either Parmesan, or Old Bay on my Pop Corn
I like Cottage Cheese with Catalina Dressing Sammies
I love Pickle Loaf, either plain, or in a sammie

Caution

If it's good I'll usually put my face into it. If not I usually just kinda tip my tongue to it and move along.