have any of you....

GregV814

in the US Mail today, I received a news paper called the Epoc News, or something like that. I didnt subscribe to it, but in the fold was a subscription and mail envelope...
It had a few interesting topical stories that I was impressed with...Certainly, it was NOT Washington Post, Baltimore Sun or the USA Today.
So, I researched it...Its some Chinese funded, anti-communist, pro american network thats been around for like 20 years...My fisrt thought was Sung Yun Moonies.....

any of you get it recently??? what do you know about it?

BernieP

Resident PIA
in the US Mail today, I received a news paper called the Epoc News, or something like that. I didnt subscribe to it, but in the fold was a subscription and mail envelope...
It had a few interesting topical stories that I was impressed with...Certainly, it was NOT Washington Post, Baltimore Sun or the USA Today.
So, I researched it...Its some Chinese funded, anti-communist, pro american network thats been around for like 20 years...My fisrt thought was Sung Yun Moonies.....

No, and the Moonies were Korean Christians(?)

mitzi

This one?

That's it. I keep getting ads from them. I'm wondering how "truthful" it is. I'd like to find some news to read and not constantly wonder if it's all one sided BS.

phreddyp

You can get a feed with facebook if you are interested , I was getting it for about 4 months then it went away I never clicked on the link but its there.

frequentflier

happy to be living

One arrived in my mail box yesterday. It will be used the next time we have to start a fire in the fire pit.

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
thank you for the correction.
Very anti-communist, but probably more a cult.
Maybe you were thinking of the Hari Krishna , they would hand out flowers but then demand money in return.
Obnoxious as hell, well before 9-11 they would line the concourse in airports and stand in the way of passengers heading to their gate, trying to force their propaganda into the hand and then demand payment.

One of my favorite stories is running down the concourse to catch a flight before it departed - buddies father had left stuff in the car.
I didn't side step or slow up for the robed dude, just dipped the shoulder and sat him down.
The remainders back up.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Very anti-communist, but probably more a cult.
Maybe you were thinking of the Hari Krishna , they would hand out flowers but then demand money in return.
Obnoxious as hell, well before 9-11 they would line the concourse in airports and stand in the way of passengers heading to their gate, trying to force their propaganda into the hand and then demand payment.

One of my favorite stories is running down the concourse to catch a flight before it departed - buddies father had left stuff in the car.
I didn't side step or slow up for the robed dude, just dipped the shoulder and sat him down.
The remainders back up.
I was going through Atlanta airport a little over 37 years ago to catch a connection to San Antonio,
was on my way to USAF Basic at the tender age of 26 1/2.
The Harless Khrisnuts were there.
I took the offered "Bhagavad Gita: As It IS" and listened to the pitch.
(I'd been studying non-European religions for several years at that point.)
My answer (as it was a Friday): "I can get back to you after work, as it's payday, but I'm running a little late to the office right now."
"Oh, where do you work?"
"Airport security..."
"Oh, oh, no need to find us again, it IS a Gift."

My traveling companion, who was a devout Southern Baptist,
who had refused in polite, but uncertain terms. looked aghast that I had lied to them.
I asked him if he did not believe that they were lying in return?

I gave it to someone about 10 years later who was a serious student of South Asian religions,
and who did not have that particular translation.

Last edited:

gemma_rae

I've read about the Epoch Times and how they started. It was a small group of Chinese Buddhists called Falun Gong who at first were laughed at by the communists, but as their numbers grew the commies decided they had to ban them. Their members began disappearing in the night and when their bodies were occasionally found, they were missing vital organs. Coincidently, China became the worlds biggest organ transplant country. Even going so far as to guarantee organ availability.