Have you ever met a 'Famous' person?

Ever met a famous person & acted like a dork?

• Yes

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 7 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nupe2

Just wandering but am I the only person who listens to rap and R&B? Most of you are listing rock bands, wrestlers, etc. Am I the only "urban" person on here? I figured I would be one of few but I am starting to think I am the only one. Anyone else watch Bet, MTV, E!, or any other "younger" style shows and channels? I have heard of some of the famous people listed but not many.

There is nothing wrong with this, just wondering.

Y'ung - check out Gil Scott-Heron and then let's talk about rap, poetry, jazzoetry, floetry, etc.

Nothing wrong with your post but seriously, check out Gil! :yay:

Old Fart

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Head coach back then was Chuck Knoll

You are correct.

After my experience with Cal Ripken, Jr. I thought of these others that I had met. However, not as close 'experience' as I had with Cal Jr.
  1. Atlanta Rythm Section - they were at my College & offered us girls a 'sleepy' drug in the day.
  2. Lee Trevino - In Hawaii at a Seniors game, he was a peni.
  3. Chi-Chi Rodr#guez & Jim Albus - Both sweet gentlemen.
  4. Hubert Green - Kissed me.:diva:
  5. Barbi Benton - Cute, but snotty.
  6. Miss Virginia, 1970 - Deborah Shelton. She used to get her hair done at the same place as my Mom. I adored her.
  7. Jim & Tammy Baker - Yep, I was on their show in Portsmouth, Virginia. A very long time ago, sometime in the mid 60's.
  8. Mark Farner of Grand Funk Railroad.
  9. I went to school with Adm. Jerimiah Denton's daughter, Madeline & Captain John Fellows kids in Va. Beach.
  10. I know GW guy..:popcorn:
:diva::lmao:

Last edited:

sweetprincess23

Y'ung - check out Gil Scott-Heron and then let's talk about rap, poetry, jazzoetry, floetry, etc.

Nothing wrong with your post but seriously, check out Gil! :yay:

Old Fart

I am sure that he was a great person but before my time. The farthest I go ol'school is Al Green, Marvin Gaye, New Edition, Jodeci, etc. I am a young white girl who grew up listening to hippie music. I will not try to front like I know everything about poetry, jazzoetry, floetry, etc. I was just wondering if anyone else watches any more recent pop culture shows. I will say that Tupac was a great poet. Not going to lie, when I first read your post all that popped in my head was Jill Scott, took me a minute to realize the spelling was not the same.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I met Gene Simmons from KISS back in '89. He was at FAO Schwartz with his then-pregnant girlfriend Shannon Tweed (Playboy). I knew who he was only because I'd heard of KISS (and his tongue) but never listened to any of their music so I really didn't care.

My mom held hands on an airplane with some race car driver (long, long, long time ago) because she's scared of flying.

My husband met and talked to FDR's son on an airplane once.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I accidentally bumped into Nancy Kerrigan at a skating event while I was trekking out onto the ice to get some hockey practice in....

Never knew skaters dont wear shin gaurds, but then thats another story.

Nupe2

I am sure that he was a great person but before my time. The farthest I go ol'school is Al Green, Marvin Gaye, New Edition, Jodeci, etc. I am a young white girl who grew up listening to hippie music. I will not try to front like I know everything about poetry, jazzoetry, floetry, etc. I was just wondering if anyone else watches any more recent pop culture shows. I will say that Tupac was a great poet. Not going to lie, when I first read your post all that popped in my head was Jill Scott, took me a minute to realize the spelling was not the same.

Cool. Check him out if you get a chance. To quote Tupac "I ain't mad atcha!" :howdy:

Last edited:

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I almost forgot, My best friend's little brother is Chris Barker, the bass player from Anti-flag...I havent' seen him since he became famous though, and my friend is now dead.:frown:

T

toppick08

I met Rick Dees once...:shrug:....he was at my uncle's pad...:biggrin:

Great guy.