• My child(ren) had the flu

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • My spouse had the flu

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

Bronwyn

Just curious how many people have had the flu this season. Multiple choice on the poll

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bronwyn

None of us got the shot this year. My 6 year old brought home the flu bug from school, and I ended up with the flu as well.

BTW, they are reporting that for Maryland, all positive flu cases tested have been H1N1.... seasonal influenza has not hit our area yet. So if you or yours have had the flu... it's been H1N1.

B

Bronwyn

BTW, they are reporting that for Maryland, all positive flu cases tested have been H1N1.... seasonal influenza has not hit our area yet. So if you or yours have had the flu... it's been H1N1.

Well then I have to say it felt no different than the regular flu to me personally

Cowgirl

I wonder how many people think they have the flu when it's not really the flu? :shrug:

Well then I have to say it felt no different than the regular flu to me personally
That is exactly the case... the deaths aren't occuring from the H1N1 itself but rather the secondary infection that sets in with some while their body's immune system is down. The warning sign for all to watch for is the fever to subside, the patient begins to feel better than a fever returns. That is an immediate indication of a secondary infection. The finding seems to be that the body is unable to fight it off and it can multiply rapidly and become deadly within a day or so.

B

Bronwyn

I wonder how many people think they have the flu when it's not really the flu? :shrug:

True. I took my son to CMH when he got sick, but the reality is that it was only for piece of mind, and I should have just taken him to his regular dr.

lisa8439

Yep - this is the problem. I know people who claim they have the flu every time they get sick... :lol: Coughing? It's the flu... Runny nose? flu... feeling yucky today?? You've got the flu... :lol:

The kids and I have been sick quite a bit this year - but no flu. We've been tested a few times at the dr's office for the flu (nose swab) but that was never the cause, so just your run of the mill virus crap I guess. Either way, I have definitely noticed that we have all been sick more this year than in previous years for some reason.

Severa

Common sense ain't common

The kids and I have gotten the seasonal flu vaccine.
Took my 10 yr old son to the Dr. the second week of Oct, he had fever, body aches, vomiting, and was extremely lethargic.
Tests confirmed flu + strep throat.
My kids, for the most part, don't get sick often and this was the sickest I've ever seen either one of my kids.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Whenever I have had the flu..(2 or 3 times in the past few years) I have always KNOWN it was the flu. You cannot possibly mistake a cold for the flu. the degree of sickness..is about 50x more. Anyone who keeps thinking they have the flu. Doesn't. If you had it..you would know.

Vince

The son and I both got it. Lasted over a week. Regular flu and yes, we were checked for the swine flu. Negative. Never got the chance to get the dayum shot before I got the flu. :banghead:

B

Bronwyn

I talked today with a friend of mine that is a nurse at CMH. I asked her about the flu vs. Swine flu. I keep hearing that if you've had the flu already it was the swine flu, and others say they were tested and it wasn't swine flu.

She said that the normal flu season doesn't start until the end of november so if you've had the flu already it was most likely swine.

I'm still clueless.

I talked today with a friend of mine that is a nurse at CMH. I asked her about the flu vs. Swine flu. I keep hearing that if you've had the flu already it was the swine flu, and others say they were tested and it wasn't swine flu.

She said that the normal flu season doesn't start until the end of november so if you've had the flu already it was most likely swine.

I'm still clueless.

Yeah, that is what the CDC website is reporting. If you've had the flu up to this point... consider it the swine flu.