Hawaii, Can you imagine?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Exactly. I keep reading the people on the island are frustrated that they keep going to meetings for updates (rather than evacuating from the island) and no one is telling them what is going to happen.... seriously, they live on a volcanic island which is now breaking apart and spewing and they are waiting for a different answer than "evacuate"... :doh:

Why isn't Trump doing something!!! He hates Pacific Islanders!!! :tantrum

Maybe they can sacrifice Tranny or Sappy to the volcano god.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Lava spewing from cracks in the road and flowing through your backyard? Holy Smokes, that is some scary stuff. If the lava can't get you the sulfuric gas can.
View attachment 122599

No. It is just awful what we are hearing, since you started this thread. I don’t think there is a safe space, anywhere. Mother Nature rules, and not narrcassitic politicians. Period.

officeguy

Exactly. I keep reading the people on the island are frustrated that they keep going to meetings for updates (rather than evacuating from the island) and no one is telling them what is going to happen.... seriously, they live on a volcanic island which is now breaking apart and spewing and they are waiting for a different answer than "evacuate"... :doh:

It's Hawaii, not Texas. All the answers and all the resources have to come from the government.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

I wonder if TheOne's birth certificate facsimile is being readied for evacuation to Indonesia, his birthplace.

gemma_rae

Update:

It's been 6 1/2 weeks now and the lava is still flowing as fast now as when it started, maybe faster. Fissure 8, the most active, is spewing lava flowing at 17 mile per hour near it's source, slower as it widens of course. Here's a recent video taken just days ago.

Why is the media ignoring this?(In case some people need it)---> :sarcasm:

[video=youtube;0x7TIDgZwoU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x7TIDgZwoU[/video]

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm waiting for Rachel Maddow to "Find Proof" that Trump caused the eruption.

She just reported that Trump has proposed to throw the separated immigrant kids in to the mouth of the volcano to appease the fire god and make the lava stop.

That is apparently something for which there exists a historical precedent.

:cofeve:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
She just reported that Trump has proposed to throw the separated immigrant kids in to the mouth of the volcano to appease the fire god and make the lava stop.

That is apparently something for which there exists a historical precedent.

:cofeve:

He should do a test with a few dozen Democrats first.

nutz

Update:

It's been 6 1/2 weeks now and the lava is still flowing as fast now as when it started, maybe faster. Fissure 8, the most active, is spewing lava flowing at 17 mile per hour near it's source, slower as it widens of course. Here's a recent video taken just days ago.

Why is the media ignoring this?(In case some people need it)---> :sarcasm:

[video=youtube;0x7TIDgZwoU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x7TIDgZwoU[/video]

Who has dibs on the new real estate being created? :eyebrow:

gemma_rae

Isn't spewing Lava a good thing? I mean if the Lava wasn't spewing and relieving the pressure wouldn't the volcano explode?

Maybe. That would surely happen if it hits a pocket of water underground. The pressure from steam would do that. The actual volcano is 23 miles away and the lava is not coming from the crater, it's going back in the earth and coming out of the fissures. I'm not an expert so I can't say, but there are additional reports that when it gets to the sea and cools, lava-bergs break off and float out to sea endangering ships.:jameo:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Just more available future real estate for Hawaii to add to the tax base. Let it flow, let it flow, let it flow.

glhs837

Power with Control
That was my favorite episode of all time back in the 60's. Still gives me the creeps.

Back in the 90s, I was doing a deployment to Sicily, and the local vocano was doing that volcano thing, and the USN was trying to help some of the residents by using the big helos to place jersey barriers to divert the lava away from residentail areas. They had some limited sucess IIRC.

As for Mayhem, I was flying out of Alaska on four engined Navy aircraft, turboprops. I fell alseep in my observe seat once, and had a nightmare that there was a Gremilin on on the wing, tearing into the engine, and scraping up ice off the wing to hurl into the intake.......... came awake with a jump, the other guy back there with me had a good laugh :)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Back in the 90s, I was doing a deployment to Sicily, and the local vocano was doing that volcano thing,

I was there then as well..Mt Etna. Was a real PITA too; every morning we had to sweep and wash a layer of black grit and ash off the decks and exterior of the pretty white vessel we were running back and forth to Malta at the time. We'd lay over at night in Catania.

One of these....

Ses ferries.jpg

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Saw this a few days ago, Fissure 8

[video=youtube;NF3zLajnDNA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF3zLajnDNA[/video]

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Some Before and Afters...
[video=youtube;PxKfTZOe7Qk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxKfTZOe7Qk[/video]