Hay...again *sigh*

DQ2B

Anyone interested in spliting a load of hay? I need hay and found someone who has it and will deliver for $5 per bale but only a full truck, approx. 360-370 bales. I think I can only fit half of that in my space. Let me know if you're intersted or if you know anyone who'll bring me just the 150-180 bales.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
For now I have a steady supply delivered at $3.00-$3.25 bale thanks I might need some in Feb.

DQ2B

Don't hold out on me people, where are you getting it, is there more? I prefer delivered even if the cost is higher but like I said, don't think I can fit more than @150 bales.

mistymoofwf

live to ride
DQ2B said:
Don't hold out on me people, where are you getting it, is there more? I prefer delivered even if the cost is higher but like I said, don't think I can fit more than @150 bales.

if any one knows some that still has hay let me know, i need to get hay befor i go into labor and i only have 5bales left, and its 5$ a bale and i cant afford that with a baby on the way i was looking into going up to new york to get alode but that would have to be after i have the baby and i cant wait that long my horses need hay or at least some that will last me till i can go to ny. :nomoney:

Sparks

DQ2B said:

No kidding, if you're not going to share, don't brag about it. :razz:

I'd be interested in buying around 200 bales in the very near future.

DQ2b - where is this hay coming from?

PrepH4U

mistymoofwf said:
if any one knows some that still has hay let me know, i need to get hay befor i go into labor and i only have 5bales left, and its 5$ a bale and i cant afford that with a baby on the way i was looking into going up to new york to get alode but that would have to be after i have the baby and i cant wait that long my horses need hay or at least some that will last me till i can go to ny. :nomoney:

my animals are in the best of hands i have 2 horses of my own, my mother runs a rideing stable. 6cats and a dog. i show the "A" circut, and they only have the best money can buy. my animals, n baby are my life. they come befor any thing else in my life.

:whistle: :whistle: Not saying a word......

mistymoofwf

live to ride
Pasofever said:
:lmao: :lmao: (at prep)

Plan on paying $7.50 a bale for hay later this summer/winter...

i know i spent an hour at my hay mans farm talking about how prices are going up and that he wont sell to anyone hes never sold to befor

fredsaid2

Pasofever said:
Yep..I am locked in at $3.00 and $3.25 till next year until they run out of hay... :coffee:

Lucky duck! I was fortunate to get a load of nice hay locally. If my one doesn't magically morph into more I'll be fine through the winter by the time he's home. Or...I could continue to board him and sell my at a profit! :lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I have two farmers that have hay for me..but the problem is with the drout they might not get second cutting and might not have enough for me..I use about 1500 bales a year..right now I am looking at being 500 short unless they get another cutting and we get alot of rain..

fredsaid2

Pasofever said:
I have two farmers that have hay for me..but the problem is with the drout they might not get second cutting and might not have enough for me..I use about 1500 bales a year..right now I am looking at being 500 short unless they get another cutting and we get alot of rain..

I hope the weather turns but it certainly doesn't look it, at least not in time. It could be a very expensive winter for a lot of people.

Cowgirl

If any of you have fescue pastures you can start stockpiling it now. Horses will be able to graze into the winter and you can use less hay.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Cowgirl said:
If any of you have fescue pastures you can start stockpiling it now. Horses will be able to graze into the winter and you can use less hay.

At this time I can not use fescue..I have bred mares and still have llamas due..

Cowgirl

Pasofever said:
At this time I can not use fescue..I have bred mares and still have llamas due..

True dat...but if anyone has non-breeding stock they could really save some green....with some green!! :killingme

Loper

Animal Poor!
Phyxius said:
Another good thing to tell local hay growers about is Teff hay. I got a bale on trial last week to see if my guys liked it (some horses don't), mine did. It's really good in hot weather/low rain areas. It's an "ancient" grass grown mainly in India and Africa and is used to make breads and oatmeal.

http://hayandforage.com/mag/farming_tons_teff/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teff

That's what our farmer is growing for us this year. He planted two fields to try for the first time this year. We've already got 2 cuttings out of it and it's still growing great even with the lack of rain. The orchard grass and timothy fields both died out already with only a first cutting. All 7 of our horses LOVE it. :yay: