Hay Auction Tomorrow at Noon

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Reminder that the Hay Auction will be held in Cheltenham tomorrow at noon. Come early to view the hay. TONS of hay going for 4 to 6 dollars a bale. Most around 5. Super nice hay. Also, round bales and large square too.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
No, I don't do that anymore. The average is $4.5 to $5 per bale with a few selling higher than that.

Rounds start around 40

Large squares are $85 (not from Canada)

I got some squares for $5.25. There was a lot of hay that I wouldn't buy that was selling at ~$4.50-$5.00 The hay I purchased was towards the end of the auction and it one of 2-3 groups of hay that I would have paid that price for. My roundbale was $46, some of the same quality/size went for a few dollars more or less. The horses are chowing down on it, that's for sure!

There was some nice alfalfa that didn't sell, I think the reserve on it was somewhere around $6. Overall that prices were high for what was available, but I'm happy with my purchases.

bosox

I didn't see large squares as those would have been my preference. I have never been to an auction before...(hay auction or other country auction.) Fun.