Hay feeder/shelter

W

WhoCares

I can just see it now. Horse eating hay happily. The invisible boogeyman comes up and scares the horse.

Horse jerks head up in shelter getting a big cut which requires stitches, and farm call.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Interesting concept...

FDuplessis.ca
Looks like a kids playhouse. I would be conserned with the horses not seeing more dominate ones coming to push them away. I wonder if they could bite the plastic up into peices. And how do you load it...flip it?? Im thinking that our taller horses would lift head and drag it a bit. I have the open round bale feeders. They are easy to fill. Even with the small bales and bricks cause I have no round bales this year.

They are very cute. The kids at the barn would want to campout in it at night.

fredsaid2

Looks like a kids playhouse. I would be conserned with the horses not seeing more dominate ones coming to push them away. I wonder if they could bite the plastic up into peices. And how do you load it...flip it?? Im thinking that our taller horses would lift head and drag it a bit. I have the open round bale feeders. They are easy to fill. Even with the small bales and bricks cause I have no round bales this year.

They are very cute. The kids at the barn would want to campout in it at night.

I thought "Little Tykes" too!

ElliesMom

hey I weigh almost that much, If I had that many holes where wing could catch I would blow away. Good thing I', kinda aerodynamic.

I could see that getting demolished really easily!

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I'd love to have a camcorder in hand the first time the horses get to meet this new Hay Feeder. Plenty of snorting, prancing, & running around.:lmao:

fredsaid2

For curiosity’s sake I looked up a few traditional feeders. Only a few weighed more and only by about 40 lbs. Most weighed 60 lbs or more less. I guess it just looks lightweight! Now the best kind would be one w/ doors that slowly close off the openings at timed intervals so the horses occasionally pull their heads out of the hay to breathe. :lmao:

devinej

oh yes automatic timed feeders that would be awesome - and if it would pour out a little bit of grain twice a day too, how nice would that be.

my TB wouldn't eat much if he had to eat out of there i feel. pony - no problem. i feel like there would be scary scuffles with more dominant ones finding a better hole to eat through and paranoid horses if you had to go walk up and get one that was eating.