Hay Theif

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Ok so someone out there has been stealing my hay. I have thought of a few solutions to stop this... Trip wire the barn door tied to a shotgun maybe??? Hidden cameras to catch tag numbers??? Poison the hay so whoeveris stealing it would pay for it in the long run( great thought but I couldn't punish someone's animals because they are stupid people)

So whats the best solution? Barn has no power so I have devised a solar security system to acitivate cameras, alarms and lights.
No good stinking #$#%$$#$%#$###$#

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
I vote for the trip wire and shotgun!

Silly question maybe but do you have a hasp and lock on the barn door?

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Well I thought about a chain and lock.... But it's a sad day when you have to lock a barn door to keep people from stealing hay

Magnum

Should be Huntin
In the Laplata area, near 301. We stocked the barn with about 150-200 bails, now there are about 20 or so. not sure how often it happened, thats the secondary barn when the other barn runs out.

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
Oh man... doesn't that p!ss you off!!! I had about 25 bales of some nice green hay stolen from me last winter.. I couldn't really do anything about it because it was my neighbors barn and they were nice enough to let me store it. They were out of town so I know it wasn't them. There is a neighbor barn that may have taken it but... oh well. I have my own barn now and the door is locked to the loft.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
That is a pretty sad thing to happen....but unless it can be seen directly from the road, it may be been someone that was there. How else would someone know hay was stored there? You really should think of reporting it because you don't know how many others may have the same thing happen. So So sad...

PrepH4U

That really sucks! I think if someone really needed hay for their horse to survive, a bunch of people would have helped out... what a low life!